GT (-7.5) vs. Vandy

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Some really good lines right now.
Ours at -6.5 to me is a lock. I like VT -6.5 vs BC. Ok State -6.5 vs Pitt. Stanford-6.5 vs USC. Oklahoma +2.5 vs Ohio St. Most of these are under a TD to get action. I'm sure by the end of the week they'll all jump a point or more. I'm really interested in the Duke/NW over/under. Probably going to be around 30. That'll be and exciting game. Lol

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On a couple of different Tech boards over the years I have seen hand wringing about playing Vanderbilt. I am always curious where this comes from. I know that past success is no guarantee of future success but Tech has an 11-0-1 record against Vanderbilt over the last 12 match-ups (going back to 1948). I think we handle them, as well as covering the spread.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Probably expecting a low scoring game. What's the o/u?

O/U will be about 37 points. That's from Atomic which is usually within a point or two of the actual after the betting starts. Atomic has us 24-13.

All I know is it won't be that score ..... and I see the O/U being much higher given our lack of D. But I think we win ...... **-**.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
O/U will be about 37 points. That's from Atomic which is usually within a point or two of the actual after the betting starts. Atomic has us 24-13.

All I know is it won't be that score ..... and I see the O/U being much higher given our lack of D. But I think we win ...... **-**.

I'm not so sure...both of our games so far have had very few possessions...and Vandy is somewhat similar in that regard. What little I watched of their game with MTSU did not impress me, but if they succeed it will be running the ball...so again that suggest a fast game with few possessions. I think we will again play a conservative, bend and then bend some more defense, and each time nay have 3-4 possessions per half max. Vandy has a good D, so I doubt we will score quickly or a lot.

Probably all means a 51-45 result with 7 turnovers and 3 returns for TD's. LOL

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not so sure...both of our games so far have had very few possessions...and Vandy is somewhat similar in that regard. What little I watched of their game with MTSU did not impress me, but if they succeed it will be running the ball...so again that suggest a fast game with few possessions. I think we will again play a conservative, bend and then bend some more defense, and each time nay have 3-4 possessions per half max. Vandy has a good D, so I doubt we will score quickly or a lot.

Probably all means a 51-45 result with 7 turnovers and 3 returns for TD's. LOL

LOL, it sort of depends on how slow Vandy is on snapping the ball. You can still do a hurry up with a running game. But you are probably right that since we have the physical advantage (is that right or just gold colored glasses?) and are favored that Vandy would want to burn as much clock as possible between snaps.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
On a couple of different Tech boards over the years I have seen hand wringing about playing Vanderbilt. I am always curious where this comes from. I know that past success is no guarantee of future success but Tech has an 11-0-1 record against Vanderbilt over the last 12 match-ups (going back to 1948). I think we handle them, as well as covering the spread.

Vanderbilt has arguably the best LB Corp in the SEC. That alone has me worried about this game and our ability to move the ball. Could be BC all over again.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Expecting a blow out is too optimistic IMO. Vandy has a solid defense, especially against the run from what I've seen. Their offense on the other hand is about as good as BC's. I expect that we will play better than we did in week 1, but I still think it will be a close game because they will keep us in check but will also have trouble scoring. I hope I'm wrong though and we put up 60

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
In my admittedly limited research, I think Vandy and BC are decent comparisons, and think the style of Saturday's game will resemble that of our match up a couple of weeks ago. Vandy is probably a little better offensively and a little worse defensively - I think if we take care of the ball and are opportunistic in the red zone and defensively, we'll cover.

Otherwise, gimme BC all day. Also, Pitt putting on big boy pants and scheduling some tough OOC games. Good for them.

jacket1515

Georgia Tech Fan

I would be very surprised if the total opened that low, and if it does mark me down for the OVER! :)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
In my admittedly limited research, I think Vandy and BC are decent comparisons, and think the style of Saturday's game will resemble that of our match up a couple of weeks ago. Vandy is probably a little better offensively and a little worse defensively - I think if we take care of the ball and are opportunistic in the red zone and defensively, we'll cover.

Otherwise, gimme BC all day. Also, Pitt putting on big boy pants and scheduling some tough OOC games. Good for them.

I actually think BC's new qb is a lot better than Vandy's