GT (-6.5) vs. UVA

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder why we are so dumb and dont do the same?

Because I know. We could. If we tried.

Of Course they will just make up excuses that we don’t control the schedule Boy uga sure seems to

Its a conference thing. Look at the SEC schedule this coming week before rivalry week and then look at the ACC.

SEC slate includes games vs powerhouses like the citadel, umass, Chattanooga, Idaho , MTSU, Liberty, UAB, and Rice...
ACC is all ACC games/ND except UNC who plays western Carolina.

Going back several years the week before rivalry week the ACC usually plays non cupcakes ( except UNC who's had a bunch).

So apparently the whole ACC is dumb

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Its a conference thing. Look at the SEC schedule this coming week before rivalry week and then look at the ACC.

SEC slate includes games vs powerhouses like the citadel, umass, Chattanooga, Idaho , MTSU, Liberty, UAB, and Rice...

Going back several years the week before rivalry week the ACC usually plays non cupcakes ( except UNC who's had a bunch).

And it makes sense for 1 ACC team to have a cupcake because of ND taking up a potential ACC matchup. The SEC has no excuse.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
That's a large spread for Duke. They may cover.

Giving us 6 is nuts. We cannot defend a mobile QB. We will have to score on all drives. If the over under is 60 or under, I'd take the over. Should be a 42-41 type game. I don't know if we can play defense. Sure we looked good against miami, but many teams look good against miami this year. They still drove 95 yards on us, while converting on 4 or 5 3rd and longs.... still not a ton of confidence in being able to stop a mobile qb unless we are willing to adjust and put in pur faster linebackers.

If we keep them in 3rd and 3 situations, we should be okay. If we put them in 3rd and 10 or longer situations, we are in trouble.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Make fun of Trevor Lawrence all you want...that guy is a future #1 overall draft pick for some franchise. There's a reason Dabo benched a veteran QB who took them to National Championship for Lawrence. He's going to be a better overall QB than DeShaun Watson...and we all know how that turned out. Oh, and NFL scouts are already drooling over him:

https://sports.yahoo.com/best-prosp...-worthy-challenger-alabama-yet-072945117.html

Simply put, Trevor Lawrence has flashed so spectacularly in his debut season with size, poise, arm strength and mobility that he could well become the top quarterback prospect of this generation. “He’s the best prospect since [Peyton] Manning,” an ACC assistant coach told Yahoo Sports on Saturday night. “He’d be the first pick in this year’s draft if he came out, even if he didn’t play another snap.”

I've followed his career for years before Clemson. He was a college QB as a JR in HS, and he was making throws in HS that a lot of NFL QBs can't. Our defense is going to have our hands full with him the next 2 years (I doubt he plays into his Senior year).

Yeah he’s good, but that doesn’t protect him from the surface level mockery that we fans of rivals are entitled to. After all, we still make fun of Peyton Manning for his fivehead.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Yeah he’s good, but that doesn’t protect him from the surface level mockery that we fans of rivals are entitled to. After all, we still make fun of Peyton Manning for his fivehead.

Fivehead. LOL! I feel like I’ve been missing out on a great joke for a long, long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer

lol...that's true.

Hopefully, our LBs and DLs will get to mock him when they plant him on the ground for the next 2 years.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Except unc as you point out. So apparently the whole acc isnt dumb. We are just dumb in many facets. Its true. Maybe soon we will improve our stupidity.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Except unc as you point out. So apparently the whole acc isnt dumb. We are just dumb in many facets. Its true. Maybe soon we will improve our stupidity.

I do think there are ways that we can get out of our own way better.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The size of this qb reminds me of the big Virginia tech QB of about 2012.
If he got past the l o s without contact, he got a first down.

One of our lb actually gave him a punch.

D Linemen need to follow him down field to make play on ball.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
The size of this qb reminds me of the big Virginia tech QB of about 2012.
If he got past the l o s without contact, he got a first down.

One of our lb actually gave him a punch.

D Linemen need to follow him down field to make play on ball.

Ugh. Logan Thomas. We had a ton of momentum and stopped them deep in their territory when Jeremiah Attaochu punched him out of frustration. They went down and scored with that penalty that prevented them from having to punt. That night was a frustrating night of QB sneaks by Logan.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ugh. Logan Thomas. We had a ton of momentum and stopped them deep in their territory when Jeremiah Attaochu punched him out of frustration. They went down and scored with that penalty that prevented them from having to punt. That night was a frustrating night of QB sneaks by Logan.
If our line backers hit this uva guy from side like we did Logan it will be 2nd down and 2 all night.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Ugh! I remember that game unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk