GT (+4) @ Pitt

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Home field helps a lot.

But we will easily beat Pitt (I wouldn't dream of predicting 35-17 until the thread comes out though). I predicted we'd lose to UNC just because of the potency of the UNC offense and we had beaten them 5 times in a row.

After watching UVa and Duke, there is no way I see UVa beating UNC..... UNC will get their points and UVa won't. But that's because I think UNC wins out easily other than their game with Miami. So right now I think UNC is the likely ACC Coastal champ even though they have two losses. The Miami game should decide it ..... but there are so many combinations, I'll wait till after all the ACC Coastal games next week to lay it out.

(Since we have Clemson and Clemson should have Watson back for us, I see us with 3 ACC losses ...... and tied for 1st or 2nd as usual.)

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Home field helps a lot.

But we will easily beat Pitt (I wouldn't dream of predicting 35-17 until the thread comes out though). I predicted we'd lose to UNC just because of the potency of the UNC offense and we had beaten them 5 times in a row.

After watching UVa and Duke, there is no way I see UVa beating UNC..... UNC will get their points and UVa won't. But that's because I think UNC wins out easily other than their game with Miami. So right now I think UNC is the likely ACC Coastal champ even though they have two losses. The Miami game should decide it ..... but there are so many combinations, I'll wait till after all the ACC Coastal games next week to lay it out.

(Since we have Clemson and Clemson should have Watson back for us, I see us with 3 ACC losses ...... and tied for 1st or 2nd as usual.)
don't underestimate UVA's defense. UVA will win that game. Our defense is a joke compared to UVA and UNC's offensive line is not that great

Also think we lose to uva. We struggle against teams with outstanding run defenses.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
don't underestimate UVA's defense. UVA will win that game. Our defense is a joke compared to UVA and UNC's offensive line is not that great

Also think we lose to uva. We struggle against teams with outstanding run defenses.

That's why they play the games ;) I thought we'd easily beat Duke and lose to UNC...... instead we beat ourselves against Duke and got into the expected shootout with UNC with UNC shooting last. It is going to be interesting since all the Coastal teams are pretty mediocre. (e.g. not FSU or even Clemson caliber)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

1. UVA do not score enough points to beat UVA

2. Tenuta aggressive zone blitz style is the absolute worse thing you could play vs. us.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Home field helps a lot.

Nuke,
EASILY beat Pitt? you are kidding.They have the worse combo for us -a 250lb punishing running -back and fast QB with one WR that we can't stop. AND a decent def and AT HOME.
I wouldn't take Tech with less than 8 pts.

Beevis

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't see us easily beating Pitt either - I think they are the least likely W out of the next 3 games.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitt's home field advantage didn't help much against Akron, and that game they played against VT was won partially due to VT's top three running backs being out with injuries, which made VT one dimensional.

Pitt has a great RB, and they are certainly not going to be easy, but they are not as scary as some of you are making out, either.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Vegas has no idea what to do with us. I would've made this a toss-up. I like GT +4 a lot.

I know we struggle against the run and that's what Pitt does, but I've gotta think we'll play more 4-3 against Pitt.

Boyd 1-on-1 could prove to be tough for us, but I just don't trust Voytik to make the plays yet. We can outscore this Pittsburgh team.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Actually what gives us fits is not teams that defend the run well. Historically we do ok vs them most times.

Its teams that run the ball well vs us that do well vs us. Right now WE DON'T KNOW, NOT TALENT, DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO in an inside zone play. Maimi, Duke, UNC, Wofford and GA Southern are all heavy inside zone teams. Do you realize, that in all these games, and the replays, i can't recall one inside zone where Nealy filled the playside and that gap letting the OLB clean up or the S clean up the spill.

I can't recall it happening once and I have rewatched our D many times. We can crap on the DL all we want, but the LB play has been atrocious. This is more than talent...after 5 inside zone teams you should at least know WTF you are doing.