GT (+3) vs. ND

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The line moved when ND players started dropping like flies. Until then, most people had some confidence in them.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The line moved when ND players started dropping like flies. Until then, most people had some confidence in them.
Malik Zaire was already listed as out. The line moved in a matter of hours prior to any additional players getting injured. At least that's my understanding.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Malik Zaire was already listed as out. The line moved in a matter of hours prior to any additional players getting injured. At least that's my understanding.
The line moves as a tactic to get the bets balanced. The house wants to pay the winners with the money the losers bet, keeping the margin for for themselves.

Example: If the line is GT +1 one and every bet is placed on GT plus the points, the house says, "Hey wait. I want some bets on ND." So they give ND some points and watch what happens to the betting. Injuries and suspensions may affect how bettors behave in placing bets, but the house is not predicting a winner.