GT #26 in S&P+, 3rd in ACC, #1 in Costal, Title Game here we come. :)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Fun fact about this ranking...after last weekend we went from 45-26, while USF went from 47-40. My guess is the formula minimizes special teams impact to focus on offense and defense...kind of like we did during the game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tighten up defense and special teams and we will have a very good season. 11th ranked offense by S&P+! All the complaining after a loss is so tiresome. 50% of teams lose every Saturday. Let’s go win the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offense has never really been the problem.

Unfortunately, football has three phases: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams.

GT, despite our offense going for 600+ yards and a +10minute TOP differential, still managed to lose the game. Doesn't matter how good the offense is (ask Big 12 teams), if you lose on 2 of the 3 phases of football, very good chance you lose the game as well.

I think CNW is a good coach. Half the defense is young, and we're only on game 2. If the guys keep making the same mistakes it'll be a LONG season. As I said in another thread, give this defense a few more games and I'm certain it will look a LOT better. The hope is the offense can win games for us until then.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Offense has never really been the problem.

Unfortunately, football has three phases: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams.

GT, despite our offense going for 600+ yards and a +10minute TOP differential, still managed to lose the game. Doesn't matter how good the offense is (ask Big 12 teams), if you lose on 2 of the 3 phases of football, very good chance you lose the game as well.

I think CNW is a good coach. Half the defense is young, and we're only on game 2. If the guys keep making the same mistakes it'll be a LONG season. As I said in another thread, give this defense a few more games and I'm certain it will look a LOT better. The hope is the offense can win games for us until then.
Not sure I agree.... ABack Fumble in the Chick Fil A game cost us a W and a chance to go Bowling..... Aback fumble in Tampa cost a W against USF and it also may cost a chance at Bowl Game... time will tell...

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
Part of it is that a lot of the teams above us (especially in the coastal) looked pretty bad over the weekend. So S&P+ sees us as having played great on the road against a top-40ish team (even if we lost, play-by-play wise we looked like tbe better team). Combine those 2, plus a big jumble between about 20 and 50 in ratings, and you get a pretty big jump in ranking.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
True enough. But I work with machines a lot using analytical apps, so I'm a bit cynical. And I thought we lost because of one crucial fumble. Keep the ball, go down and score either 7 or 3 points and we win. Bad luck.
With respect, it's bad luck when it happens once or twice. When it happens over and over again over a season plus, there is something else going on imho.

Deleted member 2897

We are picked to win all our remaining games except Clemson and UGA. Go figure.

We even got Lynch into the rankings as a TE:

See - you pick the best players and plug them in regardless if our offense doesn’t fit their norms. If only the ACC would just pick the best players like this.