GT +17 @ Miami

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know about us, but I heard that some of the cancellation is due to the #’s of contact tracing and not #’s of positive tests. I think we will play.

Time for GT to pull an upset

We have to run the ball with authority using our 4 headed monster at RB, hopefully that will burn clock and wear down their speedy pass-rushing DEs

Then it'll set up play-action helping our OLine

We win outright, the colder it is the better our chances, sometimes if you can keep a Gm close in colder weather, they'll pack it in and won't play with any urgency

CGC & the Boys make us proud this week

Deleted member 2897

I don’t know about us, but I heard that some of the cancellation is due to the #’s of contact tracing and not #’s of positive tests. I think we will play.

Our AD last week said we only had a couple cases but were happy to postpone because of contact tracing and injuries. Who knew you could request to postpone a game due to injuries!

Deleted member 2897

Miami on average is scoring 33 and giving up 25.
We're on average scoring 20 and giving up 31.

Mix that all together and you get a predicted score of something like 32-22 Miami.

Miami beat Virginia Tech, Virginia, and NC State by less than 5 points. Those are 3 decent teams. They got destroyed by Clemson. They pretty handily beat Florida State and Louisville, who are bad teams. But they've been down nearly 15 players for the last few weeks, which no doubt contributed to their barely squeaking by wins. I'd say if they have their full roster, a 40-20 win wouldn't be a surprise. If they're down 10-15 players again, I could see something closer to a 32-22.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our AD last week said we only had a couple cases but were happy to postpone because of contact tracing and injuries. Who knew you could request to postpone a game due to injuries!
bwelbo I haven't read all the posts in this thread but did we actually cancel or was it Pitt? I thought it was them....If the other team cancels, how could we have played??

Deleted member 2897

bwelbo I haven't read all the posts in this thread but did we actually cancel or was it Pitt? I thought it was them....If the other team cancels, how could we have played??

from my understanding, they are the ones that postponed. But our A.D. gave a very, I guess you could say gracious, statement saying we were completely OK with it and would want to postpone anyway ourselves.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This game does not bode well for us. Their QB is very mobile and will turn every third down into first and ten. They also throw the ball deep very well and we do not cover the deep ball very well. I could foresee another embarrassing beat down this coming weekend. I hope not but if we do not solve the above ongoing issues, this will be a long night for the Yellow Jackets.

Go Jackets!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
This game does not bode well for us. Their QB is very mobile and will turn every third down into first and ten. They also throw the ball deep very well and we do not cover the deep ball very well. I could foresee another embarrassing beat down this coming weekend. I hope not but if we do not solve the above ongoing issues, this will be a long night for the Yellow Jackets.

Go Jackets!
It's tough to tell if we are just sub par talent wise or if there really are coaching adjustments to be made. On defense, we don't really have a choice but to blitz due to how bad we suck in coverage. The problem is we don't get pressure half the time when we blitz and we then get burned in man coverage. One thing I do know is that our linebackers look like blind mice, that position is certainly a talent problem. The offense and the turnovers are another story.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Not feeling great about this game after three weeks off. Their team has been gutting out short handed wins against better teams than us the past two weeks while we have just been practicing, mostly for a team we didn't end up playing. Its great to be rested and healthy but I would have much rather had the Pitt game before this.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wish I were going to the mountains this weekend too.

But we have a 13% chance to win according to ESPN, assuming we play. And it's an 8PM game on a Saturday night so great time to drink.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
from my understanding, they are the ones that postponed. But our A.D. gave a very, I guess you could say gracious, statement saying we were completely OK with it and would want to postpone anyway ourselves.

As he should. Being a jerk about it would change nothing and only harbor ill will in the future.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm a broken record (that dates me) on this, but this also seems about right. Da U is ok this year - certainly a better team then Tech - but they aren't world beaters. I think our problem will be their rush. I watched their VT game and they get a very substantial push from their DL. If your QB tends to hold the ball (*cough* Sims *cough*) he will get a bunch of pressure and he will get sacked. What we need to do is what Juice recommended last week: give Sims some short read throws to make. If we do that and run the ball effectively, we have a chance.

Not a great one, but a chance.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we do play...
I expect them to convert every 3rd down given that D'Eriq King can really move
So can Sims. But wait! Hold it! I'm assuming that our coaches will, you know, actually design a few plays where he can run then, you know, actually use them in a game! That would make us more effective on the ground and open things up more in the passing game!

Nah.