GT #17 in Coaches Poll

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Very very solid. Definitely a good enough starting position to have the national media notice if we have a spectacular season.

My favorite part, we play #8,9,11 and 12 this year. They Can't say we have a weak schedule. We should be in prime time slots for most of those, assuming top 15 matchups each game.

God I can't wait anymore.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Um...I'm not saying this out of responsibility as a GT fan...but UGA at #9?! I guess it's less annoying than seeing them as preseason #1.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Im glad to see GT high enough to at least get some attention. I really hate preseason rankings though. Auburn was a train wreck at the end of last season, finished 8-5, they are starting a new QB, have a new defensive coordinator and one of the toughest schedules in the country. Obviously they should be 7th huh? Give me a break.

JEMJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Tennessee and arky both above miss st despite having accomplished NOTHING. And Missouri winning the east every year yet still at the bottom even below Arkansas. Just wow.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Remember that time Oklahoma, Auburn, South Carolina, Stanford, LSU, and USC were top fifteen teams? Oh, that's right, it was the last year's preseason coach's poll. Meanwhile, a team that would finish ranked 7th in that same poll opened the year receiving a whopping two votes.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Right where I thought we'd be, but I think we should be in the top 15.

Several of these are pretty funny:

Georgia at #9. No QB, no Gurley. Defense wasn't all that great last year. Wouldn't surprise me if South Carolina beat them in week three.

FSU at #8 is pretty crazy too. Winston had so much to do with how good they were, and they're now without both him and Cook. They might be in for a fall.

USC at #10...yeah, OK...I'll believe this one when I see it.

Doesn't matter. We play four of the teams in the pre-season top-15 this year. If we beat Notre Dame in week 3 we will be right there in the mix.