GT (+14.5) @ UGA

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Yeah this spread is a bit higher than what I expected to see, I thought it would be around 10 points. I would take us to cover but have a rule against betting on my teams.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wow. Figured 6.5 plus home field advantage = 9.5 for my guess..... no respect. THWG

Let's see what happens when the bets come in. If the 14.5 line is fat, it will move quickly to a smaller number. My guess is that it will settle in around 13-14. That is a rational betting line. I would not take us with nine points. Well, maybe for a six-pack, but not for real money.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Per Rivals:
the last 5 recruiting classes for G T rated 47, 85, 57, 41, 43 for an average of 55.
the last 5 recruiting classes for UGa rated 7, 12, 12, 5, 15 for an average of 10.

UGa should win this on talent alone. But, then, how do you explain last year's overtime game?
Coaching? I have felt that way for the last 7 years.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Per Rivals:
the last 5 recruiting classes for G T rated 47, 85, 57, 41, 43 for an average of 55.
the last 5 recruiting classes for UGa rated 7, 12, 12, 5, 15 for an average of 10.

UGa should win this on talent alone. But, then, how do you explain last year's overtime game?
Coaching? I have felt that way for the last 7 years.

This - PJ can outcoach these guys, but jimmies & joes matter.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
In 2007, we discovered the sec refs were worth 17 points. 14.5 doesn't look outrageous. I hope the ACC refs calling the other acc/sec games are aware of what will be transpiring.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
In 2007, we discovered the sec refs were worth 17 points. 14.5 doesn't look outrageous. I hope the ACC refs calling the other acc/sec games are aware of what will be transpiring.
I might be wrong but I think they use the road team's refs, so they should be acc. I think the replay booth guy will be sec.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
If the score was 21-7 GT after 1 quarter, most impartial observers would give Tech the edge. That tells me that the line is over-the-top SEC mania.