GSU

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Southern had there way with the Jackets tonight. I know they have a decent to good program, but this is not a good start for a team that typically starts strong in the early part of the season and then fades late. Not looking forward to conf play.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Sadly this isnt a surprise...We were not expected to have a very good team and the 1-3 start is showing just that so far.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The comment "we were not expected to have a good team" really bothers me. This baseball program is beyond having this type of season. This is the kind of season a up and coming program should experience. I guess we will not have to worry about a crash and burn super regional exit this year.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
GSU isnt exactly chopped liver. They beat the Mutts 18-4 Sunday and 9-3 Saturday. They can hit the ball and are very solid in the field. They are a solid team that will make the NCAA tournament. We will experience some growing pains this season but if we get the ball rolling we could have a decent season.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
We lost a lot of talent last year. There are a lot of freshmen on the team. We need to give them time to learn and grow.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, after the Eagle's trouncing of the puppy dogs over the weekend I was surprised we did as well as we did. Especially Alex Cruz and Brandon Gold. I liked a lot of what I've heard/seen from some of these freshmen. This may be a rebuilding year, but we have a chance to be special in another year or two.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, after the Eagle's trouncing of the puppy dogs over the weekend I was surprised we did as well as we did. Especially Alex Cruz and Brandon Gold. I liked a lot of what I've heard/seen from some of these freshmen. This may be a rebuilding year, but we have a chance to be special in another year or two.
Do you know how many times that comment has been made in the last 10 years? A LOT!! That is becoming the GTAA mission statement. Danny Hall and Tech baseball is at the point that they should NEVER have that said about this program. He was given a top ten program and he has let slowly deteriorate. Talent comes and goes and the results are the same. How many more players are going to come to Tech get drafted to MLB and they still disappoint as a team? Baseball isn't like football where physical maturity plays a large role. These kids face good pitching in summer leagues and play a lot of innings. Fielding is learned at a young age and it is strictly fundamentals. Youth in baseball is not a valid excuse for a let down.