GSU

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Mid-week matchup with crosstown rival(?) Georgia State (7-3). Hugh Chapman appears to be the starter.

Just like UIC, GSU enters the contest ranked higher than Ga Tech in RPI rankings. I mention RPI rankings so as to identify the point in time when they mean something...because until then, somebody will alert me to the fact they are, in fact, meaningless...right now.
GSU is #8 while the Jackets are a lowly #17. :) We have common opponents in Minn, Bradley, and UConn. GSU beat Bradley and Minn... lost to UConn. Their other 2 losses are to Jacksonville (7-4) and Auburn (12-0). They should have beaten Auburn. Took 2-1 to B9 at Auburn. Hit 2 of the first 3 batters in the inning; and then with 2 outs, gave up a couple hits scoring those 2 hit batsmen...for the walkoff "loss".

Again...according to RPI, GSU apparently has had the 2nd toughest schedule in D1 to this point in the season.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/rpi-live

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Hang in there Fred. Real baseball starts Friday in Tigertown. Will be able to make some accurate observations after that series. Hope the Jackets can at least show well to give fans some optimism.

Deleted member 2897

To turn our program around, these are the games we need to win. And we can’t get swept in ACC play. Need to go 2-2 minimum through Sunday. Get er dunnn.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Trivial trivia: Homerun friendly forecast tonight. Winds predicted to be at 10-15mph out of the NW. That's straight out toward CF at GSU's place. Now...we OFFICIALLY have nothing to worry about. :happy:
Will the game be played? Huge water main break has cut water for all of Dekalb County and Georgia State Clarkston campus has closed early as a result.

Deleted member 2897

Will the game be played? Huge water main break has cut water for all of Dekalb County and Georgia State Clarkston campus has closed early as a result.

I know where there is a field available. :) Don't we play them at home in April? Lets just swap sites if we need to.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Wrek player doesn't seem to be working for me, nor can I seem to get it on tune in. Anyone else having issue streaming audio?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd like more games like this. 12-2 going to B9.

We've seen a lot of pitchers tonight. Good work by most of our pitchers tonight. FOr some reason statsbroadcast doesn't have pitch count and strikes tonight. Oh well. All struggled with control at various times.

OK - Chapman, Shirah, Combs and Ben S. Mannelly was gawd awful.

As noted, the walks we have coaxed have been very heartening. Kel has had several 3-2 walks so they weren't gimmes. With 12 hits and 12 runs, we must be doing something right.

The news about Bart is very bad. Hope he is back before the end of the Clemson series.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd like more games like this. 12-2 going to B9.

We've seen a lot of pitchers tonight. Good work by most of our pitchers tonight. FOr some reason statsbroadcast doesn't have pitch count and strikes tonight. Oh well. All struggled with control at various times.

As noted, the walks we have coaxed have been very heartening. Kel has had several 3-2 walks so they weren't gimmes. With 12 hits and 12 runs, we must be doing something right.

The news about Bart is very bad. Hope he is back before the end of the Clemson series.
Yeah, I'm not happy with the 9 walks, but only 3 pitchers we used today are probably going to get regular appearances in Chapman (who pitched very well today), Ben S (didn't walk anybody in 2 innings), and Shirah (who had 2 Ks and 1 walk in 1 inning).