Griffin is NOT now in the portal

Deleted member 4558

If they haven't done this already that, to me, is a fireable offense even more than the w/l record.
Here is another thought. Say a Georgia Tech student/athlete signs a NIL contract with an Atlanta based company. Let's pick Chick-fil-A. A clause in such a contract might include going to class, no DUI arrests, no weapons charges, no bar fights. Instant discipline. You are incentivizing good behavior. Also, better grades, dean's list, community involvement might get a higher payment.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
This, we need Coke to give NIL to our SAs, we also need Wafflehouse to do the same. Waffle house should have NIL for our big boys in the trenches.

We need a GT powerade comercial that says "engineered for success in sport and beyond."
I know there are some national brands out there that have started doing the NIL stuff and I am pretty sure we already have a good NIL deal with waffle house for our players.

I just think the waters are too murky for a company like Coca Cola to be shilling out millions of dollars to players. I think there is too much compliance and other existing relationships that they don't want to risk with getting involved. I could see them offering minimal sponsorships to groups of teams/players but not what we are seeing with big $$ stuff.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to hijack the thread even more with NIL talk, but can somebody remind me if they can be performance based? Like for Waffle House, any time a lineman gets a “waffle block” (can’t use pancakes for Waffle House), the linemen gets a prize of X, or certain amount of money.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Here is another thought. Say a Georgia Tech student/athlete signs a NIL contract with an Atlanta based company. Let's pick Chick-fil-A. A clause in such a contract might include going to class, no DUI arrests, no weapons charges, no bar fights.
And no working on Sundays!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I know there are some national brands out there that have started doing the NIL stuff and I am pretty sure we already have a good NIL deal with waffle house for our players.

I just think the waters are too murky for a company like Coca Cola to be shilling out millions of dollars to players. I think there is too much compliance and other existing relationships that they don't want to risk with getting involved. I could see them offering minimal sponsorships to groups of teams/players but not what we are seeing with big $$ stuff.

I mean that makes sense. Especially with all the deals with universities about being the official beverage etc.