Griffin, Devine, Marshall, Brigham, Fromayan

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Championship teams are determined at the line of scrimmage. We have an elite championship caliber Oline now. I'm 42 and I've never seen a Tech team with this kind of talent and quality depth at the offensive line of scrimmage. If we could ever develop the same on the D side....

That's hard to do in all honesty. The FSU OF THE 90s had that...recent Bama teams have...it's why those programs were able to reload rather than rebuild.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Even though it may shake out this way, the confidence in Gary Brown is extremely high. There is no way,in my opinion, Shamire will be left off 1st team at RG unless he is 400lbs. GB ceiling may be high, but we have seen Devine play at a high level vs. high level players. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers out
I almost want to move Gary Brown over to DT. We're so deep at OL right now and thin at DT, especially with JHD's eligibility up in the air. No doubt in my mind that Gary could be coached to be an excellent Gap Controlling 3 Technique. Im a lot more nervous about DT depth and talent than I am anywhere else, we could afford to try it out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Championship teams are determined at the line of scrimmage. We have an elite championship caliber Oline now. I'm 42 and I've never seen a Tech team with this kind of talent and quality depth at the offensive line of scrimmage. If we could ever develop the same on the D side....

That's hard to do in all honesty. The FSU OF THE 90s had that...recent Bama teams have...it's why those programs were able to reload rather than rebuild.

I think our DE group will be pretty loaded as well the next 3-4 years.

Keshun Freeman is a future star.
Simmons needs some more weight, but looked really good in a limited role. Great frame. His ceiling is very high.
Chungong had his moments, and will be solid to very good for us.
Anree Saint-Amour is probably the best DE recruit CPJ has signed.
Whitehead...got a lot of pub on this board, but worst case scenario is he's a solid guy in the rotation.
Gamble, when not at DT, looked like a very good SDE.

To me, I think we have potentially 3 difference makers in that group...something we haven't really had since the Derrick Morgan/Michael Johnson days.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Simmons needs some more weight, but looked really good in a limited role. Great frame. His ceiling is very high.
Whitehead...got a lot of pub on this board, but worst case scenario is he's a solid guy in the rotation.

To me, I think we have potentially 3 difference makers in that group...something we haven't really had since the Derrick Morgan/Michael Johnson days.
Those are all great examples and I know you're looking down the road a bit, but the biggest impactor next season is not listed. JHD, if he regains eligibility, will make huge waves next season.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I hope very much that your right about JHD, but i think it's a huge stretch to say he will be the biggest impactor this season based only on what Shaq said about him and his practice squad reports. He was a decent linebacker who lost his starting job at one point in '14 and since then all we know for sure is that he's gained a lot of weight.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow

Where does Alexander fit here
I'm sorry he is a LB not a lineman

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Those are all great examples and I know you're looking down the road a bit, but the biggest impactor next season is not listed. JHD, if he regains eligibility, will make huge waves next season.

I'm really excited to see JHD play next season at DT. If he lives up to the hype he got from giving our OL a hard time, we could have a pretty formidable 1st string DL.

Freeman - JHD - Gotsis - Chungong

I mean, we may just put pressure one the QB without blitzing!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I'm really excited to see JHD play next season at DT. If he lives up to the hype he got from giving our OL a hard time, we could have a pretty formidable 1st string DL.

Freeman - JHD - Gotsis - Chungong

I mean, we may just put pressure one the QB without blitzing!

Let's not get too crazy!!! hopefully there are no d-linemen that leave or have other reasons they can't play.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck

A plus for having deep OL - all spring and fall the D-line / LB will be working against against the depth at OL. Having deep OL will help the D front 7 get better.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As for JHD...I hope he has a great senior year, balls out, has a blast, and opens some NFL scouts eyes. Even if he does all of the above he may not live up to the preseason hype.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
With some added speed at ab and bb - expect some break away runs in the second half as ol wears out some of the teams with out depth.

ice,
additionally when the backs learn how to block,we may have more long runs(and really short runs too as opposed to NO runs)