Great story Maurice Claret

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Mods you may want to move this to elsewhere. Great story about Claret. If you remember him as the troubled running back from OSU who spent time in prison. I think our own CPJ and Rev Moore could use him to motivate our players in the academic arena especially. He seems to have turned things around in an almost improbable way. Good read:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ife-in-sharing-his-first/ar-BBlSzJx?ocid=iehp

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That was cool. Never knew he turned himself around. Him stripping the ball back from Miami in OT of that National Championship game is still one of the greatest moments in college football I’ve ever seen.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
that was a great article. thanks for the link. I teach high school now...one of the down side to it is watching young people make poor decisions that will impact them for a life time. Sounds like Clarett is doing much important work now than running with a football.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
that was a great article. thanks for the link. I teach high school now...one of the down side to it is watching young people make poor decisions that will impact them for a life time. Sounds like Clarett is doing much important work now than running with a football.
Yeah, I really think his talking about the importance of academics to our guys would be right on target. Always good to see/hear someone who has some serious life lessons to share. Someone who knows Moore should put a bug in his hear about Clarett.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, I really think his talking about the importance of academics to our guys would be right on target. Always good to see/hear someone who has some serious life lessons to share. Someone who knows Moore should put a bug in his hear about Clarett.

CO, I usually agree with your posts. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I think for the most part our guys "get it" about academics...most of them could have gone to the type of schools where they put the athletes into the "joke" majors. While his words would be powerful even at Tech, his time is better spent be preaching the gospel at other schools (imo).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Mods you may want to move this to elsewhere. Great story about Claret. If you remember him as the troubled running back from OSU who spent time in prison. I think our own CPJ and Rev Moore could use him to motivate our players in the academic arena especially. He seems to have turned things around in an almost improbable way. Good read:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ife-in-sharing-his-first/ar-BBlSzJx?ocid=iehp
Amusing point there in a really inspiring story that Clarett is telling players to use the system. At OSU his big beef was he had nothing and OSU was loaded, and it led eventually to his collapse as a player and departure from the program.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CO, I usually agree with your posts. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I think for the most part our guys "get it" about academics...most of them could have gone to the type of schools where they put the athletes into the "joke" majors. While his words would be powerful even at Tech, his time is better spent be preaching the gospel at other schools (imo).
Good points. Agree more valuable elsewhere but if we can keep just one on the right track it may be worth it. Never know when a person will hear and really listen to a message like CMs. Thanks for the post