Great SI Article

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Need to petition NCAA to make that rule for games...ball is live until given to the ref. And, if the ref drops the ball, he does 10 push-ups under Days' direct supervision.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow, I forgot that Justin only has one interception and it was on a bizarre play at that. Big props to Smoov. He should know he's gotten away with a couple though, there was a pass in the Georgia Southern game that was not a good decision and could have been returned for a pick-six if the linebacker was two inches taller and the play before Smelter's game-tying TD in the VT game was... scary.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Awesome:
It’s a clutch philosophy embedded deeply into the program. Senior running back Zach Laskey recalled one of his teammates citing a credo early in their careers that he found both a bit morbid and hilarious: “Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."

The quote is attributed to a former Georgia Tech coach who won 102 games while leading the program from 1904-1919, a fellow named John Heisman. “We take that to heart,” Laskey said. “It’s been something that’s been drilled into our heads. If I ever have a fumble in practice, I immediately punish myself and go back and do push-ups until the next play starts.”

thwgjacket

I'll just have to drink early Saturday to wash away the SI jinx. (Throws salt over shoulder while hopping on one leg) It would be cool to hear the Stadium say "Smooth" every time JT carries the ball.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
We won't get gameday unless we and Clemson both win out up to our meeting. Even then may be a long shot.

we will get Gameday in Charlotte when a playoff berth is on the line. It won't be on campus, but it will still count.

SEC Championship will not have the implications the ACC Championship will that day with undefeated GT and 1-loss (to ND) FSU taking each other on.