Great getting to know everyone

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I just wanted to truly say I enjoyed reading all the posts and getting to know everyone and their insights to Tech baseball whether we agree on coaching changes, RPI, or whatever....
I was proud of the boys for fighting their way through two straight elimination games and were within 3 outs of a third straight elimination game victory.

Only issue I had yesterday was not putting Dawson in to close in the 9th and Logan goes out one more inning. Same issue I had in 2019 with Tristin not going in to face Auburn and allowing Connor to close it out.
Win or lose, you do it with your best and Dawson was our closer. He closed down the inning after Branch hit the game tying hr against Logan in the 9th.

I know our depth was stretched but having Riley come on in the 10th certainly made me curious and unfortunately it turned out as expected in the 10th however, with all that being said had Carson Kerce not committed the error on the bunt sacrifice attempt, we get out of the inning with no runs given up.

All in all , the pitching did all they could to keep us in the three elimination games.

Overall, I'm happy with the regional showing but the season certainly had its' issues.

Hope to see you guys at the games this fall and of course 2025 baseball

Go Jackets!
Hopefully we can keep our class together and make some noise in the portal without giving up too much.

Lagrange, GT33, Fitted, GtNavyNuke Bensaysitathome, Awbuzz, FredJacket, Bogey and many others....thanks for talking tech baseball as I truly love this sport and team.
Hope to one day head to Omaha to see the boys in white n gold play some CWS baseball...
I was upset last night but it is just a game....Time to take my kids to the beach, help my son prep for his hs baseball tryouts, and enjoy some Braves Baseball.
Maybe even a trip to Ireland to see Brent Key and the boys destroy my alma mater!!!!

Last edited:

FittedJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just wanted to truly say I enjoyed reading all the posts and getting to know everyone and their insights to Tech baseball whether we agree on coaching changes, RPI, or whatever....
I was proud of the boys for fighting their way through two straight elimination games and were within 3 outs of a third straight elimination game victory.

Only issue I had yesterday was not putting Dawson in to close in the 9th and Logan goes out one more inning. Same issue I had in 2019 with Tristin not going in to face Auburn and allowing Connor to close it out.
Win or lose, you do it with your best and Dawson was our closer. He closed down the inning after Branch hit the game tying hr against Logan in the 9th.

I know our depth was stretched but having Riley come on in the 10th certainly made me curious and unfortunately it turned out as expected in the 10th however, with all that being said had Carson Kerce not committed the error on the bunt sacrifice attempt, we get out of the inning with no runs given up.

All in all , the pitching did all they could to keep us in the three elimination games.

Overall, I'm happy with the regional showing but the season certainly had its' issues.

Hope to see you guys at the games this fall and of course 2025 baseball

Go Jackets!
Hopefully we can keep our class together and make some noise in the portal without giving up too much.

Lagrange, GT33, Fitted, GtNavyNuke Bensaysitathome, Awbuzz, FredJacket, Bogey and many others....thanks for talking tech baseball as I truly love this sport and team.
Hope to one day head to Omaha to see the boys in white n gold play some CWS baseball...
I was upset last night but it is just a game....Time to take my kids to the beach, help my son prep for his hs baseball tryouts, and enjoy some Braves Baseball.
Maybe even a trip to Ireland to see Brent Key and the boys destroy my alma mater!!!!
MVP of the forum this season Caster. Thanks for being our eyes and ears all season. Good luck to your son this summer ball season!

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Techcaster, have a great summer. I hope to hear from you again in the fall with any updates you can send our way about fall ball!

Salute!!!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
"I just wanted to truly say I enjoyed reading all the posts and getting to know everyone and their insights to Tech baseball whether we agree on coaching changes, RPI, or whatever....
I was proud of the boys for fighting their way through two straight elimination games and were within 3 outs of a third straight elimination game victory."

Well done Techcaster, I second this. This forum is the most civil and fun forum I have ever visited in all my years, including FB, basketball or baseball.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I learn a lot on here & I thought having lived baseball for 17 years or so I knew it better than I did. A ton has changed in my game. Thanks to all for tolerating my schizo commentary. I just wish we could do better.

Here's to Danny Hall reaching 1465 wins and retiring in peace. Go Jackets!

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys.

Thanks for the kind words as I look forward to talking more tech baseball now and in the future.

I'll certainly jump on to discuss the mlb draft coming up soon to see how many of our #6 ranked class makes it to campus.

It looks like the star pitcher from Cumming will likely be drafted in rounds 2 or 3 so (Hernandez) he'll likely not make it to campus but we may have a good chance of getting most of the recruiting class to campus.

I agree with many on here that we need to develop our young talent vs relying on the portal so much.

I'm glad to see we got the Lodice kid through the portal but not too happy to see Senese and Sabathia hit the portal especially since both rarely got a chance to play and develop.