Gotsis goes in the 2nd round

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kubiak and Elway react to Draft rounds 2 and 3

How he fits: Broncos second-round DE Adam Gotsis

"With [Defensive Line Coach] Bill [Kollar] teaching him all the different techniques, we think he can continue to get better and better," Executive Vice President/General Manager John Elway said.
"When [Kollar] comes down over the course of the last six weeks banging on our doors, saying, 'You guys give me a chance to work with this guy,' John and I felt really good about that," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. "Bill and the defensive staff, we just wanted to add him to our group. He had a great energy with him in Indianapolis."

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Denver ( wade phillips) plays pretty aggressive defense. When in joudton they got jj watts who was good in college but became great in the pros in that system.

In last 2 years at gt adam only has 6 sacks. Will he do better in pros? They think so

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Denver ( wade phillips) plays pretty aggressive defense. When in joudton they got jj watts who was good in college but became great in the pros in that system.

In last 2 years at gt adam only has 6 sacks. Will he do better in pros? They think so

6 sacks isn't bad for an interior DL. He was very disruptive and had a lot of hurried throws. A guy that was certainly game planned around.One of our best ever at the position and one of the most popular players to suit up on the flats. We all would have loved to see him as a DE. Very happy that the injury did not cost him a shot or even serious $. 2nd round was a pleasant surprise imo even at 100%. Best wishes to an all-time great YJ.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I was pretty shocked to see him go that high. After his injury I was hoping for something in the 5th and 6th round. Honestly though, I still think he will end up being a steal. Its hard to find guys with talent level that also have his work ethic and character. Plus he is still a little green on American football. He still has plenty of room to grow and he will be working with some of the best defensive coaches in football. In the end, he could end up being a pretty special player.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
upload_2016-4-30_11-10-2.png

Justin Thomas - "Is that dawg poo poo?!

D.J. White - "It looks like dawg poo poo, it smells like dawg poo poo, Yep it's dwag poo poo. "

Adam Gotsis - "Krikey! I didn't think I hit him that hard. Who's going to clean this up?"

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
6 sacks isn't bad for an interior DL. He was very disruptive and had a lot of hurried throws. A guy that was certainly game planned around.One of our best ever at the position and one of the most popular players to suit up on the flats. We all would have loved to see him as a DE. Very happy that the injury did not cost him a shot or even serious $. 2nd round was a pleasant surprise imo even at 100%. Best wishes to an all-time great YJ.
He might have had more with a bit more interior help, which was expected but inexplicably failed to occur.