Gorillaz

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Where did all the 800 lb gorillas in the room go? Seriously? Where are they? You know who they are.

There's the "CPJ's offense will never work in big boy football" gorilla.

How about the "CPJs HS offense can be stopped with a month to prepare" ape.

What about the "SEC west is the toughest conference in the land" primate.

Oh yeah, there's the "GT hasn't been relevant since the 60's" simian.

Damn, this is so awesome. America, here's your new team. The bar has been set. Time to exceed it. I love that GT is now part of the NC contender talk.

I love this team and all my Yellow Jacket brothers an sisters! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Still waiting for my predicted Sports Illustrated cover featuring JT with the heading "The High School Offense that the New Defenses Can't Stop"

After last night, I actually think something to that effect may occur during JTs tenure.

Buzzwax

Georgia Tech Fan
Who would have thought this season would have turned out this way after the way the season started. Me and my fellow GT family couldn't believe how bad the defense was and thought we were in for another 'barely make it to a bowl season'. Then we were boat raced against UNC and couldn't help but think how we were going to get smoked by Clemson and UGA's 'big boy' offenses.

I guess if you could point to a few keys to this team and this season....
* SENIOR leadership, Perkins, Zenon, Smelter, Shaq, Bostic, IJ, Q, Hill, Waller, Zack, SD among other seniors all seemed to will this team to another level
* Play makers!! JT and DJ White both made incredible plays all year, both are simply very good football players with amazing speed and athleticism!!
* OL - BEEF + athletic! How many down field blocks and great trap blocks did you see this year. Great in game blocking adjustments by CPJ and Sewak!! Taking nothing away from Zack and SD but our B-backs had great holes to run through this year!! The best part of this group, we have a ton of depth returning PLUS last years impressive OL class. DEPTH!!
* Special teams - Our ST didn't cost us a game, overall very solid, few mistakes. (the blocked FG and XP of the UGA game aside)
* Defense - yes the defense improved in stopping the run and imo the tackling improved greatly. Improve our pass rush a little (Whitehead!) combined with the depth returning in the back seven and JHD becoming a run stopper with Gotsis and Gamble and we could have another special year next year.

Needs - WR, AB, DT and BB.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Me and my fellow GT family couldn't believe how bad the defense was and thought we were in for another 'barely make it to a bowl season'. Then we were boat raced against UNC and couldn't help but think how we were going to get smoked by Clemson and UGA's 'big boy' offenses.

I guess if you could point to a few keys to this team and this season....

* Defense - yes the defense improved in stopping the run and imo the tackling improved greatly. Improve our pass rush a little (Whitehead!) combined with the depth returning in the back seven and JHD becoming a run stopper with Gotsis and Gamble and we could have another special year next year.

I thought we would get smoked by UGA after the UNC game, but the defense improved and CTR started making adjustments earlier in games. I though GT was pretty good against the run all year, but the weakness was scrambling QBs and the secondary. IIRC, we lined up in a 4-2-5 prevent scheme against MSU, but the defense got some pressure on Dak, made key plays through the game, and was very effective in the red zone, holding MSU to only 3 "real" TDs for the game.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I had to resurrect this oldie but goodie because, ladies & gents, a new clan of apes that has arrived for the ND game!
They are being led by some elders. Sorry about posting a thread in that horrid TSL format from a ND board, but I couldn't help it. The important takeaway is that we will never win a NC running CPJ's offense.

http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=6&msgid=288003

Must. Win. Saturday.

Declinometer

Banned
Where did all the 800 lb gorillas in the room go? Seriously? Where are they? You know who they are.

There's the "CPJ's offense will never work in big boy football" gorilla.

How about the "CPJs HS offense can be stopped with a month to prepare" ape.

What about the "SEC west is the toughest conference in the land" primate.

Oh yeah, there's the "GT hasn't been relevant since the 60's" simian.

Damn, this is so awesome. America, here's your new team. The bar has been set. Time to exceed it. I love that GT is now part of the NC contender talk.

I love this team and all my Yellow Jacket brothers an sisters! :D:D:D:D:D:D

We love you too!