Goose interviewing at Alabama

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I honestly thought Goose was going to be our main target for the Falcons OC position since he kind of just a scapegoat for the Texans. We'll see how he does at Alabama if he gets the job.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If this is Goose's idea of a stepping stone job to get on the GT staff, fine. Otherwise JUST SAY NO GOOSE! There's only 1 worse option and I'd puke myself to death if he ended up there.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe so... and Goose may be too "clean" for the job given Kiffin's and Sark's track record
Somebody once described a former Saban coach as describing to him (several times removed in other words) that working on Saban's Alabama coaching staff was like going to war every day, without a gun.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What does his coaching tree look like? How many really good HC's came from under him? Too lazy to look it up.

imgres.jpg

This is not me endorsing Lane Kiffin as a good HC. This is just me happy that Saban is now forever tied to Kiffin as part of his "coaching tree" and we get to post these pics...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
What does his coaching tree look like? How many really good HC's came from under him? Too lazy to look it up.

Guess it depends on how we define "really good". I can not see the future personally.

But -
Muschamp
D'Onofrio ? Not sure
Smart
Cristobal - not HC but think big potential there.
Jimbo
McElwain

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Guess it depends on how we define "really good". I can not see the future personally.

But -
Muschamp
D'Onofrio ? Not sure
Smart
Cristobal - not HC but think big potential there.
Jimbo
McElwain
they are there in numbers with Fisher and Dantonio kind of leading but McElwain looks kind of promising I guess. The rest, not so much. I'm sure there is at least one the board wishes the worst for. (And his crazed look in the 4th quarter against Tech was astonishing to watch.)

http://bamahammer.com/2014/09/19/nick-saban-coaching-tree/