Good Read

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the schedule will be a huge factor. Seems like years since we've had what I consider a balanced schedule.

I agree that STs will be steady and dependable.

I want to believe that QB will be better. Buy-in should make a difference. There are skills VL had that JT does not, but JT could just become the best GT QB of the CPJ era.

I am concerned about the DEF, and will remain concerned until Whitehead shows up and earns the WDE spot. I believe we are solid at LB and secondary, maybe even very good there.

I cannot confidently say we will be more explosive. I'm not sure how anyone can. JT is an electric talent, but we will need the OFF to click as a unit for him to show it. If we can hit the BB for 4-5 yards on a regular basis, this year's O will be nasty.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think he's right about how we finish up, but I'm not sure I agree with the analysis.

1 - 4, I'm there. No. 1 is the big thing. This is the first time in living memory (almost) that Tech has a season that's actually favorable. The last few years have been absolute murder.

I don't know about 5, but I don't think it matters much. We could be getting a lot of big plays, but, if the OL doesn't go all dumpster fire on us again, I look for this to be the year the death march returns. We don't need to be getting 1/4 our plays going +20 yards to win.

Oth, I'm also hoping that JT will turn out to be another Keenan Reynolds for us. If so, hold on to your hats. If not, get ready for a season of, "Oh, we won. Strange, it didn't look like we would." Or, put another way, Tim produces no thrills, just wins. Hope one of those scenarios works out.

Ramblin Wrecker

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know about 5, but I don't think it matters much. We could be getting a lot of big plays, but, if the OL doesn't go all dumpster fire on us again, I look for this to be the year the death march returns. We don't need to be getting 1/4 our plays going +20 yards to win.

Oth, I'm also hoping that JT will turn out to be another Keenan Reynolds for us. If so, hold on to your hats. If not, get ready for a season of, "Oh, we won. Strange, it didn't look like we would." Or, put another way, Tim produces no thrills, just wins. Hope one of those scenarios works out.

I agree with the premise, but I think how we win does make some difference. Style points may not count in the W/L column, but they do count when you factor in national exposure and recruiting.