Good News Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm no expert on the recruiting front, but based on what I've seen on this board, it sounds like Signing Day was Very Good News!
Two 4-star DT's is great news. When is the last time we had that? And one 4-star OT. We always have some good skill guys coming in, but it's what's up front that counts most. Stocking the lines with primo big uglies is what will turn this ship around.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Two 4-star DT's is great news. When is the last time we had that? And one 4-star OT. We always have some good skill guys coming in, but it's what's up front that counts most. Stocking the lines with primo big uglies is what will turn this ship around.
Bingo. The last time we were truly an elite team offensively we had some really good skill guys but an even better offensive line. You can make up for less talented skill positions with a great offensive line. Unfortunately, we have been dealing with the opposite scenario the past few seasons. I do miss the days of seeing zone dive 8 times in a row and having it work.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Bingo. The last time we were truly an elite team offensively we had some really good skill guys but an even better offensive line. You can make up for less talented skill positions with a great offensive line. Unfortunately, we have been dealing with the opposite scenario the past few seasons. I do miss the days of seeing zone dive 8 times in a row and having it work.
I didn't even pay much attention to signing day today outside of the OTs and DTs, because the linemen are so much more important to us. All these "skilled" position guys are great, but without a line they're not going to make much of a difference. You have to have the lines or it's all for nothing.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
My high school girlfriend broke my heart when she dumped me and left. My heart soared when the door reopened and there she was....
She had forgotten her car keys.
Can’t do this again... please dont play on my emotions.
Oh, man.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Today was a good day. It showed GT is still a destination for those players who want D1 football and an education. Collins can recruit so I’ll take a good day. As another stated, all that matters are the lines. End of story. Without an engine it doesn’t matter who we have at QB, RB, or WR. Once our OLine shows it can do the job we’ll get another Gibbs. And once we get consistent QB play behind a protective OLine we’ll get all the WR’s we want. I think our athletes are just fine. I’m worried about the topic of another thread.