Good News Thread

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You know, things are kinda sucky. BeBe. Decommits. Fan-on-Fan vitriol and so much negativity. I could really use some good news about GT.

Maybe we could dedicate a thread to just the good news, maybe with links to threads where it's discussed more?

Anyone got any?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ted Roof (owed 600000 per dead money article) is headed to Baylor.

Maybe that will come off our books.

The dead money articales says we still owe 100,000 and change to Pelton and West. Not sure what he did. Came to pensa ola high to see a DT that was looking at going to tam. It was first time the dt talked to a position coach. Next week the dt went to ucf.

Maybe we are paying a small minimum each year.

Boren5034

Georgia Tech Fan

The dead money articales says we still owe 100,000 and change to Pelton and West. Not sure what he did. Came to pensa ola high to see a DT that was looking at going to tam. It was first time the dt talked to a position coach. Next week the dt went to ucf.

To OK...not Baylor.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ok, after looking at weights of dl recruits, they need to stop getting slim pants as these guys shop at Deluth trading.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Anyone got any?

I do. In light of the news about DT, I am healthy, happy, have a great family and am on this side of the dirt. I am hoping to say the same and be around to see another year of Tech football next fall but I have learned (and today's news reinforces this) to not take that for granted.

Plus we have some nice looking DT's in this recruiting class!!! I don't think that has ever happened before.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GTWBB just defeated Ugaly and UConvicts. Top 20, Top 3, respectively.
GTVolleybees are in the Elite 8, drawing the #1 team in Freedom Hall tomorrow.
GTMBB has a winning record.
If you head over to “other GT sports” category, you will see the November early signing threads in which I tried to cover with detail. For WBB, they have a separate thread under BB. They are nationally ranked in recruiting once again under third year Coach Nell Fortner.

GT Navy Nuke and Fred J. do an incredible, and I mean incredible job outlaying the Tech Beesball program. They have some wonderful help from a few others.

Richard Musterer and Kurt Hoyt keep me informed, so I try to share their comments and knowledge.

DTM stays on GTMBB recruiting, with a fine job. @kg01 provides the comedy with @stech81.

Best moderators of any site.

Holidays are coming back up, and a New Year restart!

We are a “golf school.”

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Georgia Tech women's basketball team beat UConn and they had a pretty good home crowd. Not great, but good. That helps the program nationally and we made a little revenue.
In my 40 years of watching them, I only recall two crowds larger… Tenn., UConn., and we lost both of those games.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
It' Friday
Its Friday GIF by The Office

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Wrong school .
Got Text message chain from Baylor grad son and ou son
Baylor said hiring roof is good news for Baylor!
OU hired roof.

They have plenty of sec money.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
"All of the decommits", but is the sky falling?

Still #32 overall in the country per Rivals (3.31 avg stars) and #35 per 247.

Still #6 in the ACC per Rivals and 247.

Both above our historical averages with time to see how we close out.
And although it might not be likely right now, Willis might end up signing with us in the end.