Golf

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Play suspended at 11:47 AM with just a few holes in. Jackets tied for 4th at -11. Sixth place is at -10.
We need to finish in top 5 to proceed in the tournament. I live in Chapel Hill and it is really raining here (around noon) with rain staying in the forecast. Not looking good for tomorrow either. We would be in now if they cancel the third round. Not sure they will move to Thursday if they can't get it in Wednesday.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to finish in top 5 to proceed in the tournament. I live in Chapel Hill and it is really raining here (around noon) with rain staying in the forecast. Not looking good for tomorrow either. We would be in now if they cancel the third round. Not sure they will move to Thursday if they can't get it in Wednesday.
I can't imagine they cancel with teams at different spots on the course / different # of holes played. Or if they did cancel, I would assume they would revert to scores at the end of round 2.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine they cancel with teams at different spots on the course / different # of holes played. Or if they did cancel, I would assume they would revert to scores at the end of round 2.
Agree. Only count completed rounds for all teams. There must be some defined criteria for these situations. It's been raining in Chapel Hill all day and even worse for Wednesday.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
That would work for us as we were tied for 4th with Baylor. Wait check that. I think we were actually tied for 5th with Long Beach State. Would it then be some other arbitrary tie breaker like who had the lowest team score on the 18th hole of the second round. How would that suck to lose out on moving on to the next round because of something like that/

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Plan is to continue tomorrow at 7:30. We have had a couple of inches of rain today and more predicted tomorrow. It will be very wet if they even get to play. We are hanging on the edge to qualify in the top 5. Must play well tomorrow.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
With a couple holes left we have the low score for the day at -7. Our two seniors are both -4 on the day. We are clear of 6th place by 4 strokes at the moment.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Clutch finish by Christo, Bartley, and Hiroshi to go 4 under on last 2 holes to get us in. On to the NCAA championship!
Actually we finished up on the front nine so those guys just played par golf to protect our lead on the last two holes coming in to the clubhouse. Not trying to sound negative at all. It is clutch for those guys to remain strong knowing that a bogie or two could put us in trouble of moving on.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Actually we finished up on the front nine so those guys just played par golf to protect our lead on the last two holes coming in to the clubhouse. Not trying to sound negative at all. It is clutch for those guys to remain strong knowing that a bogie or two could put us in trouble of moving on.
Played in really wet conditions too. Rained all say on Tuesday. Over an inch and maybe closer to 2. Good job in the clutch.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Played in really wet conditions too. Rained all say on Tuesday. Over an inch and maybe closer to 2. Good job in the clutch.
With wet fairways and "lift and place" conditions it played to our strength with all of the long hitters only having to worry about the drives landing in the fairway.