Golf team starting strong

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Bruce with his 4th second place finish with no titles. Just can’t get over the hump.

Florida rules - individual & team titles. Both thanks to our late fades.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So Forrester, Howe, and Steelman all gone? Guess Reuter steps back up to retake one spot. Maybe Rackley for another? Any top recruits who could be in starting 5?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
"drive for show, putt for dough" UF made them. We didn't
There was that plus they made some fierce approach shots when you thought they had lost holes. We need half of those to go the other way, they damn near took them all. We had the lucky stick, but outside of that when a shot needed to be made they executed & we didn't.

Hats off to the guys. They played toe to toe to toe to the last holes and nearly pulled it off'

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll just be happy to never see that course again. It clearly was not a good fit for Lamprecht. UF won yesterday (and to a lesser extent today) with the strategy of going right at the flag on #18. FSU kept trying to cut shot after shot off the bunker and it didn't work. Howe setup for the same and double crossed. Couldn't tell what happened with Tai's, but I think it was the rough catching the hosel a bit and turning the club over so not a strategy issue there. #17 I just didn't understand why anyone was laying up there yesterday, today it also seemed to pay off to go for it. Then #10 was a terrible playoff hole since there isn't a large score variance there.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'll just be happy to never see that course again. It clearly was not a good fit for Lamprecht.

I would argue that he just hit a mental wall of some sort. He is All Conference, an All American and a top 10 amateur in the world. Guys with that skillset generally are suited to play on any track.

I wonder if Coach HAD to play him (was there another guy "on the bench"?) or just felt like he could turn things around yesterday?