Goaline stand

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't forget there was a holding call in there, I think in second down, so uga had like 5 chances and still couldn't get it in! I don't think I have ever seen a goal line stand like that.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I thought the holding was actually a great play. He attacked thinking the guy would block and he released. Once he realized his mistake he did everything in his power to keep the drive alive.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Very glad you posted this. I told my dad our DL was winning the battle against what some thought was the best OL in the country.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
I re watched the game. It was unbelievable. We get our hearts stomped with a fake FG that could've very well been a td and have first and goal inside the 7 . First play stuff Chubb now on 5, next play great defensive hold penalty saves td but they get first and goal inside 5. Stuff Chubb inside 2nd down, great pursuit by JD to shut down best runner in sec Chubb in wide side of field on sweep, 3rd down. Great play by db to stop Bennett top uga receiver from bread and butter uga play from ab with highest completion rate in history for uga, 4th down! Bent but not broken.

Not only this but to run down Chubb from behind and get him out at the 1 which set up the fumble (after another stuff of Chubb on 1st and goal from the ONE! Then the FUMBLE.

same thing on the run by Michel , great play to get him out at the one and strip him.

That's SEVEN plays INSIDE the 5 vs UGA offense bread and butter with Chubb who has NOT been stopped by any SEC team. The more I think about this, the more I think the defense is better than tenuta days and is what won the game for us. If we have our old d with no turnovers and no stops it could easily have been 21 more uga points and business as usual. If we keep improving on d next year could be a very special year