Give me a break, Paul

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are a current football player, do not read past line below:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alright, Johnson, I've heard enough bellyaching. "We can't block" "The OL sucks" "Nobody can get open"

What you really mean is that Roof's guys are kicking your offensive butt right now. Why would you find that surprising? Let's see, the Shaq-less OL is going against All-ACC preseason linemen Gotsis and Days. Relatively new A Backs and Wide Receivers are trying to block Davis, Marcordes, Golden, and Noble. White and Milton are shutting down your receivers. Davis is a Junior, White is a Senior, and the rest are Redshirt Seniors. They are talented, experienced, and confident. They have literally hundreds of days of practice against the TO and the players on your offense. They probably know what you are going to call before you do. They know every weakness and tell of their buddies on offense. Who else is your offense going to run into this year that has even dozens of days of practice against the TO? Give your new guys on offense at least two weeks in pads before they are expected to hold their own against that RSr laden defense. And don't expect us to swallow any more doom and gloom. You've got what you always wanted and needed the most to make your offense go; a top notch option QB and possibly the best returning OL in the country. So give me a break.

PS - Behind your back, Ted Roof is laughing at your high school offense!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Alright, Johnson, I've heard enough bellyaching. "We can't block" "The OL sucks" "Nobody can get open"

What you really mean is that Roof's guys are kicking your offensive butt right now. Why would you find that surprising? Let's see, the Shaq-less OL is going against All-ACC preseason linemen Gotsis and Days. Relatively new A Backs and Wide Receivers are trying to block Davis, Marcordes, Golden, and Noble. White and Milton are shutting down your receivers. Davis is a Junior, White is a Senior, and the rest are Redshirt Seniors. They are talented, experienced, and confident. They have literally hundreds of days of practice against the TO and the players on your offense. They probably know what you are going to call before you do. They know every weakness and tell of their buddies on offense. Who else is your offense going to run into this year that has even dozens of days of practice against the TO? Give your new guys on offense at least two weeks in pads before they are expected to hold their own against that RSr laden defense. And don't expect us to swallow any more doom and gloom. You've got what you always wanted and needed the most to make your offense go; a top notch option QB and possibly the best returning OL in the country. So give me a break.

Your start your post with a "do not read past line below" & expect college kids to do what you say? :ROFLMAO:

Go back to bed !

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
None of this matters because in camp, the O runs our offense. Our D is not getting reps against a scheme they will see in the season. So nobody on the squad is getting any real practice like they would if we ran a pro set. /s

GravyTrain

Georgia Tech Fan

sTqXr0j.gif

Give me a break, redmule

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I enjoyed your post redmule and hope you're right. CPJ doesn't give much praise for practice. It's practice, and unless it's perfect, keep practicing.

The practice will start paying dividends soon.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Mule,
If the Off was besting the Def badly I would be REALLY worried.It would be same old,same old.If the O can move much at this point I would be happy for all the reasons you stated.(they know the plays),etc
It will be a while before the Off gets smooth.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo, coach is giving the green light to the defense so the " new ab, bb wr see close to midseason game speed =day one. I have no concerns about offense as long as we have jet to make the defense pay

By end of first quarter alcorn= we know ifcorrect.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why but almost every year I worry more about injuries in off season practice than I do any other time. No one needs to quote the statistics to me about more injuries happening during the season. I did not say the concern was rational. I just remember something CPJ said three years ago when someone seemed to be questioning whether or not Tech practices were sufficiently preparing the team for games. He said, "We try to practice as hard as we can on things without killing each other." The phrase "killing each other" has come up more recently also.

So the concern is how you get a team ready for game speed, level of intensity and hitting without taking out your own players. I don't know how Nathan Cottrell was injured but I think about new guys trying to learn a system and being set up for some devastating hits by the defense while they are learning. I hate to think about a talented back going down before he even sees the field because in practice you are trying to thread the difference between not killing each other and getting each other prepared for the real shooting war.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
You don't get better in practice without going full speed. Need live tackling and blocking drills. CPJ has a lot Bear Bryant in his demeanor as for as practice is concerned. Practice is tough. Games become a piece of cake. Need to watch fatigue during practice since that increase chances for injury. There have been some posts in the past about teams beginning to use sensors and wireless data gathering to identify players getting fatigued and subbing for them.. Believe it was FSU doing this.