Gif Requests

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What's so weird about that first clip is that when JT jukes the first defender, the D still had what most people would think was pretty good position on him. There was a DE closing from behind and two converging DBs downfield. Other QBs you might say 5 - 10 yards.

Instead, JT hits the accelerator and is by all of them before they can react. He gets to top speed in one step; it's just a matter of shifting gears. I've never seen a Tech QB who could do that and very few RBs.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
This vine says so much about this team and specifically the relationship between Days and Laskey. Laskey didn't get a ton of carries mainly due to Synjyn being on fire. Instead of pouting on the sideline like so many prima donna factory kids would do, he dances with the guy getting the pt. I'm really gonna miss these guys as well as all the seniors.

My biggest hope going forward is that the "team" culture foster this year continues.
I played basketball my entire life and never had a problem with playing as a team. Yes getting individual accolades is nice... but getting Ws and being talked about for that is much more rewarding IMO. Laskey comes off as very unselfish. He got to play a good bit during his GT tenure, so I don't feel he had any issue letting Synjyn do his thing during his senior year after being moved around so much. I love this teams chemistry. It is unreal. Hope we can carry THAT over to next season.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I played basketball my entire life and never had a problem with playing as a team. Yes getting individual accolades is nice... but getting Ws and being talked about for that is much more rewarding IMO. Laskey comes off as very unselfish. He got to play a good bit during his GT tenure, so I don't feel he had any issue letting Synjyn do his thing during his senior year after being moved around so much. I love this teams chemistry. It is unreal. Hope we can carry THAT over to next season.

Agree. One of the great joys of team sports is celebrating and later reminiscing with your teammates over the accomplishments made together. It is certainly enjoyable to have an individual win , such as winning a tennis tournament, but for me and many others, the fun of celebrating a major win with teammates is so much better . Many of the players on this year's team will be known by name for individual big plays and accomplishments on the field but in my opinion they will receive greater joy from the accomplishments of the team.

I can easily envision a future time where Synjyn's and Laskey's families get together and stories about how they kicked butt at the b-back position are shared with their kids. I hope the closeness exhibited this year becomes the norm for many years to come since I believe it is one of the main reasons this team was so resilient and successful.