Gibbs Named ACC Rookie of the Week

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Best Barney Veins GIFs | Gfycat

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well deserved. I think. I have no idea who the other freshmen in the league are other than Sims. Something tells me that these two will probably grab the award a few more times this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well deserved. I think. I have no idea who the other freshmen in the league are other than Sims. Something tells me that these two will probably grab the award a few more times this year.
Maybe they will just decide to swap it back and forth amongst each other. In the huddle, quarterback Sims: "Hey Jahmyr, you want it this week? No, you go for it."

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, and if you listen to many you could say he did it against a world-beating team! 200+ against a playoff team...pretty good :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I know this thread is for Gibbs (and well deserved), but let's not forget about Jamious Griffin and Dontae Smith.

Griffin is our leading rusher from the RB position (86 yards), and Dontae Smith has the YPC average (7.3 ypc on 6 carries).
Both are also good as receivers. Both are top 10 in receiving yardage and yards per catch.

I said it in the UCF postgame thread, but when we said our group of RBs is deep, that probably wasn't enough to describe them. Oh yeah, our leading rusher from last year didn't even play against UCF.

Outside of Mason, this RB group is pretty young. Gibbs, Griffin, and Smith are all sophomores or younger. All these guys are gonna get stronger and faster over the years.

CGC and Patenaude are licking their chops with the game film they get to show recruits. Our RBs are legit 3 down backs that are part of all phases of the offense. That's translatable to the NFL.

As a GT fan, you have to be excited about how the talent on this team is setting up for a serious run in the next 2-3 years.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this thread is for Gibbs (and well deserved), but let's not forget about Jamious Griffin and Dontae Smith.

Griffin is our leading rusher from the RB position (86 yards), and Dontae Smith has the YPC average (7.3 ypc on 6 carries).
Both are also good as receivers. Both are top 10 in receiving yardage and yards per catch.

I said it in the UCF postgame thread, but when we said our group of RBs is deep, that probably wasn't enough to describe them. Oh yeah, our leading rusher from last year didn't even play against UCF.

Outside of Mason, this RB group is pretty young. Gibbs, Griffin, and Smith are all sophomores or younger. All these guys are gonna get stronger and faster over the years.

CGC and Patenaude are licking their chops with the game film they get to show recruits. Our RBs are legit 3 down backs that are part of all phases of the offense. That's translatable to the NFL.

As a GT fan, you have to be excited about how the talent on this team is setting up for a serious run in the next 2-3 years.

I am stunned how good d Smith is..That dude could legitimately start at many acc schools.

you probably have to play Gibbs but if we didn’t, I don’t think people would see much drop off right now. Smith is a smooth runner, natural catcher out of the backfield and has a bit of pop on his run.

gibbs with s&c work and more time in college has a higher ceiling but right now, we have a legit stable of RB with little drop off. (Though w different skills sets and strength)