Getting Specific about Improvement

VC34

Georgia Tech Fan
In game adjustments which CPJ was good at recognizing both on offense and defense, OC scripting plays to maximize individual player strengths rather than wanting players to adapt to his play calling. Not sticking with a player that is making mistakes or getting beat…give another player a chance even if lower on depth chart…you never know who is going to be a game baller vs practice baller. Absolutely the QB has to have time but again another player might have qualities that could change the game…ex. Alabama a couple years ago with change at QB to beat UGA.

JacketFan137

Banned
In game adjustments which CPJ was good at recognizing both on offense and defense, OC scripting plays to maximize individual player strengths rather than wanting players to adapt to his play calling. Not sticking with a player that is making mistakes or getting beat…give another player a chance even if lower on depth chart…you never know who is going to be a game baller vs practice baller. Absolutely the QB has to have time but again another player might have qualities that could change the game…ex. Alabama a couple years ago with change at QB to beat UGA.
only difference was alabama had two 5* recruits on the roster at QB. both are NFL starters now. tech hasn’t ever had real qb depth

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Actually the UNcheat game may be as one of the largest (positive) outliers in Tech history. How we changed our DEf effectively was amazing.Maybe just as amazing was how it made no difference for the rest of season. hmmm
I mentioned to my buddy during that game that I hoped it wasn’t the 2021 version of the 1988 USC game. Unfortunately it was. Let’s hope that the results from 1989 year after that are similar to what we experience in 2022.