Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Georgia by 14+

Votes: 122 78.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That's just flat out ugly. Mississippi fans won't forget that player ever.

My son and I were talking about that Ole Miss game and both decided we would rather lose to our bitter rival by 29 points than to lose like that. It's strange but nobody is really blaming the kicker as far as I can tell and there are alot of UM and Miss fans in my area.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My expectations are that uga will score 4-5 TDs in the first half and their subs will play us about even in the second half. 42-14

I wish it were not so.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
How efficiently are both teams scoring on offense and preventing scoring on defense against Pwr5 opponents? (Rk?)

.............. OPPDvPwr5 ... DPPDvPwr5
GT .......... 1.52 (58) .......... 2.87 (53)
georgie ... 2.23 (30) .......... 0.88 (2)

Now, it obviously doesn't work this way, but if we were to simply average OPPD w/Opp DPPD, then for a 13 drive game the final score would be 33-16, georgie.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
How efficiently are both teams scoring on offense and preventing scoring on defense against Pwr5 opponents? (Rk?)

.............. OPPDvPwr5 ... DPPDvPwr5
GT .......... 1.52 (58) .......... 2.87 (53)
georgie ... 2.23 (30) .......... 0.88 (2)

Now, it obviously doesn't work this way, but if we were to simply average OPPD w/Opp DPPD, then for a 13 drive game the final score would be 33-16, georgie.

I attempted a different approach based on 2 PPD as an average. It suggested a final score of 40-5, them.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Picked with my heart, not my head. But upon review, I’m not sure it’s as far fetched as we might think. They’re favored by 28, but have only scored 28+ in four of their eleven games. Two of those were against Murray St. and Arkansas State. So twice this year have they score 28+ on a Power 5 opponent.

If they somehow turn it over...maybe 3 times...and we play smart and DON’T turn it over, we could win some ugly little upset like 17-16. Stranger things have happened...
Well, we were half way there. Three turnovers plus an onside kick recovery should have been enough to keep it close.

I guess with ten days between games I forgot just how bad our offense actually was. You can’t go three and out six times to start a game...EVER... and still expect to be in a game (disclaimer that we recovered the muffed punt on the sixth time).

All in all we had 12 three and outs yesterday!!!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Well, Collins and Co. successfully made BDS Historic(ally Bad) Grant Field this season, so it’s time to get to work rebuilding from the ashes...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the team progressed this year. The OL was MASH ward almost all season. The DL was undersized and inexperienced from the start. We all knew the season was problematic in ways that could not be schemed around.

We still do not have our QB. Perhaps one of our young guys will be the answer, but I am not there yet.

We have got to find a kicker.

The rest is not so bad. While we made mistakes in coverages this year, the DBs are pretty good. LB is just OK and could get considerably better next year. The DL was so bad it put too much pressure on our LBs.

We are loaded at RB. The WR position is pretty good and recruits will make it better.

It is hard to judge how well our coaches did this year. The talent pool was so shallow they had few options to what they did.

If Paul Johnson had stayed another year I think we would have been calling for him to be fired. He knew what was going to happen.