Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Saturday, February 12, 2022, 4 PM, Charlottesville

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The crowd really got to Kihei. They were stellar and I think there's a fair case you could make that they won VT the game last night.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I understand what you're saying, but that belies the fact that the only reason he's not seen the floor is that he's been unable to play. When he's been healthy, he's played. So, the frustration is with staying healthy, not lack of PT. I don't see how that translates to "likely to transfer." This seems to be our fans projecting outsider thoughts onto someone we know nothing about.

This being said, I could easily understand Meka, Jalon Moore, or Saba transferring out because they don't see a path to the floor. Maxwell just hasn't been talked about by the press or coaches because he's been hurt. That may lead some to think he's lost down the bench, but when he was healthy, he was getting as many minutes as any of the younger guys, and more than Kelly.
Anything is possible, however, many youngsters get frustrated with their situation regardless of the reason when they don't play and he basically has played the equivalent of one game per year. Transferring is very easy now. Logic is not high on the list of why guys transfer. Playing time is. I hope I am wrong but i think the odds of him staying are below 40%. WE will see.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Best of luck. I hope you don't get to see GT win!😁 Keep us updated. I'll take feel-good wins wherever I can get them.
My son’s team lost by three in overtime…51-48. Pretty cool dad moment though…he got fouled on a three pointer as the buzzer expired in regulation. He hit all three free throws. He was named Conference player of the year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My son’s team lost by three in overtime…51-48. Pretty cool dad moment though…he got fouled on a three pointer as the buzzer expired in regulation. He hit all three free throws. He was named Conference player of the year.
Who was more nervous, you or him? I’m not sure I would have been able to watch.