Georgia Tech Spring Game Thread

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
@ClydeBrick, can we say it's sort of game day?

I never go to bed much before 11:30, but yesterday was a long day that started earlier than normal for me. I just got on here and missed out on starting this thread. :(

Brothers and sisters, it is Gameday.

Additional good news is that each day that goes by gets us closer to September 3rd - we now stand at 139 days!

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Raining is falling hard here in Macon. I'm about 2 hours away from cutting out of work and heading up. Really hoping for better weather than last year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Today's the day.

I expect the defense to dominate the game tonight...especially the DL.

This will still surprise me if it happens. I know we have our top 2 centers out but would expect O'reilly to be able to fill in adequately. And Our Oline was such a strength last year...it's hard for me to get my brain wrapped around the notion they could get dominated tonight.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This will still surprise me if it happens. I know we have our top 2 centers out but would expect O'reilly to be able to fill in adequately. And Our Oline was such a strength last year...it's hard for me to get my brain wrapped around the notion they could get dominated tonight.

O'Reily isn't on the team.

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
Still planning on coming. Hope it is not a washout! Rain kept me away last year.

@Eric, my advice for you is don't watch the birth too closely. It's a memory you can't erase!! (I'm assuming natural birth).
Stay close to her head, talk to her and hold her hand, and just peak over now and then...trust me.
I filmed the first one but probably will never go back and watch it. Didn't bother with the video camera for the next few until just afterwards.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Eric
Thanx for correcting me on that. It does explain some of the difficulty then.

Never really imagined we'd have a problem with depth in that unit this year. Shows how much I know :)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Still planning on coming. Hope it is not a washout! Rain kept me away last year.

@Eric, my advice for you is don't watch the birth too closely. It's a memory you can't erase!! (I'm assuming natural birth).
Stay close to her head, talk to her and hold her hand, and just peak over now and then...trust me.
I filmed the first one but probably will never go back and watch it. Didn't bother with the video camera for the next few until just afterwards.
Totally disagree. Don't take video (your wife will not like that, probably), but my advice is to "catch" if you can. I caught my first 3 (and would have the last two if they hadn't been an emergency c-section, twins). There's no experience like bringing your child into the world.

That being said, if you're squeamish with bodily fluids and blood, stay up near her head and hold her hand. It's pretty intense and your wife may rather you be there.

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
It wasn't me being squeamish, but I won't share the details here...

So if the crowd tonight is small enough (due to rain), is there a chance they call off the game? I remember CPJ commenting last year that he at least thought about cutting it short.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
With the rain in the past, they usually let the clock run a chunk of the 2nd half to speed it up.

A few years back they did call off the 2nd half due to lightning.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
ESPN3 will have it available on replay. GTBob will probably add it to his YouTube channel.
Why would espn3 show the birth, that's kind of personal. If anything probably a private YouTube video. [emoji41]
And congrats Eric. I had my first before the Miami game last year, and she definitely brought the luck. May yours be as lucky as mine was and we're in for a great season!