Georgia Tech Set to Pay Temple $2.5 Million for Coach Collins Buyout

Deleted member 2897

From everything I can tell, there are a lot of rich alumni who were no longer fired up for CPJ. They were willing to open up their checkbooks for the right situations.

Scubapro

Banned
From everything I can tell, there are a lot of rich alumni who were no longer fired up for CPJ. They were willing to open up their checkbooks for the right situations.
These a holes should have opened up their check books for recruiting and auxiliary staff.
Changing coaches without adjusting the recruiting budget and hiring 'consultants' like the factories will only result in the same or worse results.

Scubapro

Banned
Again, wished there was an "unlike" button. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see what we will need from Coach P. He may prove me extremely wrong, and I would LOVE that.[/QUOTE
From what I can find I am underwhelmed. To win here we need unique and innovative play calling and game planning. I hope I am wrong and this guy turns into the next Mike Leach, Art Briles and Ralph Friegen

LibertyTurns

Banned
These a holes should have opened up their check books for recruiting and auxiliary staff.
Changing coaches without adjusting the recruiting budget and hiring 'consultants' like the factories will only result in the same or worse results.
Granted I wish folks that had the ability to make a difference had done so, but I think it’s a reach to call them A Holes for waiting until there was something they wanted to plunk down a huge lump of cash on. Also, did MBoob even ask or is this just the early signs of Stansbury making his mark?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The AA always been cooking the books. They are just super cheap like their engineer alums. Want Rolls Royce results while spending Saturn money

I've been saying that for years. GT is not destitute, and certainly not as destitute as some on here like to scream when certain issues arise.

It's just a matter of whether GT feels the need to spend the money. CPJ got shafted during the Sasquatch years, but he was certainly provided the things he wanted (for the most part) when asked. I mean, the guy got an indoor practice facility before Mark Richt and UGA...in a major city.