Georgia Tech player to transfer

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I have confirmed with sources that RB Donovan Wilson plans to transfer from Georgia Tech...I was told one of the main reasons is due to playing time and where he is on the depth chart.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I have confirmed with sources that RB Donovan Wilson plans to transfer from Georgia Tech...I was told one of the main reasons is due to playing time and where he is on the depth chart.

Eric, it's really close to the start of the school year/beginning of the season; does he plan on transferring immediately and think he'll play right away or sit out a year?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This just has a impact on the 2015 season.

Only return Snoddy, Andrews and Lynch at A back...Leggett at B back.

A lot of playing time available for true freshmen.
We have 5 read shirt seniors at AB!!!.
25 man years of learning the TO? That is a lot of steak dinners.

I think it is clear to all that coach won't let this happen again and that young players are going to get their chances and they better make the best of it.

In 14 we will do well at AB but in 15 I feel we will do much better - Wilson can sense this change to a youth movement

Sorry to see Wilson leave but at least he is being true to himself. Maybe he didn't get a totally fair shake.
But - Wilson - Good luck and we are cheering for you where ever you go.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, it's really close to the start of the school year/beginning of the season; does he plan on transferring immediately and think he'll play right away or sit out a year?

From what I gather he will not be in classes when they start on Monday...What his plans are after that I do not know.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wow! Hard to believe he couldn't hold out and see how he'd do next year.
Was he that afraid of others already on the team or who have committed?
Just have to think something else may have come up.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
That is crazy, we are loaded with SR's at AB. Just wait a year and you will one of the few guy with experience. I thought he played well in the spring game. Why wait until now to leave? I think it is going to be too late to really help anybody out at the Juco or I-AA level this year. Does this mean that one of the incoming true Fr at another position is being moved to AB and he saw what kind of talent he was going up against.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kiiinda not surprising. Didn't he come in early? Hasn't really been able to move up the depth chart at all. I certainly wish him well. Maybe he changes his mind after really looking at his prospects for time next year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good luck to Donovan. Too bad he couldn't wait. But you've gotta do what you've gotta do. I don't think there is any surprise that the seniors are ahead of him on depth chart; timing before classes start may just be coincidental or maybe not and only he knows.

Good side is that we have another spot opened up to recruit another AB who could play next year in a crisis. Really bad side is we are down on depth this year - 75 or so on roster now?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Good luck to Donovan. Too bad he couldn't wait. But you've gotta do what you've gotta do. I don't think there is any surprise that the seniors are ahead of him on depth chart; timing before classes start may just be coincidental or maybe not and only he knows.

Good side is that we have another spot opened up to recruit another AB who could play next year in a crisis. Really bad side is we are down on depth this year - 75 or so on roster now?

Yeah, considering the momentum we have this year it may be good to have an extra spot. Maybe the light comes on for the Brooks kid that wanted to commit a while back.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
He's not an A back. His body type is BBack and I think he's frustrated with PT. Laskey was hurt, CJ went down and Synjyn came over and took all the reps to get up to speed. He knows What CJ can do and with Lands Davis and another BBack coming in for 15 his touches just won't be more than scout team unless their are significant injuries.