Georgia Tech (PK) vs Duke

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m taking GT, ND, Clemson, UVA if there’s a game & NC St.
I think we win by 10 Saturday but the NCST game in 2 weeks scares me. Just when they looked dead in the water, they got their offense clicking and hung a bunch on Miami. This will be another game for them to get more confidence....

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke is bad, really bad. This may become a turnover fest, but take Tech. I think we win by 10.

Notre Dame feels like good money. Do they have players out due to COVID?

NC State and the points. Their team has found an identity.

I’d take FSU and the points.

Deleted member 2897

Duke is bad, really bad. This may become a turnover fest, but take Tech. I think we win by 10.

Notre Dame feels like good money. Do they have players out due to COVID?

NC State and the points. Their team has found an identity.

I’d take FSU and the points.

NC State just scored 15 against Liberty, beating them because Liberty missed a field goal at the end. I think they’ve won 10+ games once in the entire history of the program.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
NC State just scored 15 against Liberty, beating them because Liberty missed a field goal at the end. I think they’ve won 10+ games once in the entire history of the program.
...and Liberty beat Syracuse by 17.

Did you know that Liberty was ranked and had 2 ACC wins? Not sure what NC State or Liberty’s historic win totals have to do with a 6-3 NC State playing a 1-8 Syracuse team. Other than our game and BC, Syracuse has lost every game by double digits. Additionally, Louisville just beat them by 30.

Also, NC State technically blocked that field goal.

falconholic26

Banned
Duke has 27 sacks so far this year. Two defense lineman has 7.5 Sacks apiece. If we win the game it will not be pretty!!! Who gets the most turnovers will win

Deleted member 2897

...and Liberty beat Syracuse by 17.

Did you know that Liberty was ranked and had 2 ACC wins? Not sure what NC State or Liberty’s historic win totals have to do with a 6-3 NC State playing a 1-8 Syracuse team. Other than our game and BC, Syracuse has lost every game by double digits. Additionally, Louisville just beat them by 30.

Also, NC State technically blocked that field goal.

I wasn’t arguing that we were a good team. I was arguing that NC State is not a great team...and especially not for having beat Liberty.

Deleted member 2897

Hope this game gets played. Getting cabin fever for football.

Winning three ACC games would have us firmly out of the last place finish we were projected to have.

there are only two ACC teams who have played six games. Everybody else is at seven or eight by now. I am assuming the final standings will be in order of win percentage, which would benefit us with a shorter schedule. But yeah, it would be nice to clear several teams and finish inside the top 10 in the conference. I think if we win, the worst we could finish is probably 9th.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Tech wins but only by 4 points. I think we come out sloppy and get in a hole early. Dig ourselves out and by the end we look like the clearly better team but a much closer scoreboard.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Per Vegas, the Jackets open as a coin flip to beat Duke Saturday night.

Over/under is 58, so expect a 29 to 29 tie ;)

Track line movements here: https://www.vegasinsider.com/colleg...ovement/[email protected]/date/11-28-20

Other ACC spreads:
  • Notre Dame (-4) @ North Carolina
  • Pittsburgh @ Clemson (-26)
  • Virginia (-9) @ Florida State
  • NC State (-15) @ Syracuse
I watched three Duke games: Virginia, Charlotte, and BC. They are not a good team especially on offense. Quarterback Brice is slow, he is prone to turnovers and holds the ball too long. His receivers struggle to get separation. He has a very good tight end though. The only place I see them having an advantage is in the defensive line. Not great but serviceable. and maybe linebackers. Brice has twice as many interceptions as TDs. I think it is 14 to 7. Anyway, I think we can beat them. The question is how will we play coming off a long layoff? They looked pretty bad against UNC last time out. Both teams need a win. A shaky vote for the Jackets because we have more playmakers at quarterback, running back, and receivers. The only way they win is to get turnovers and pressure Sims, which could happen, but I don't really think so. They have played one more game than we have. Does that matter? It might considering how long it has been since we played but its been, what? three weeks since they played last. In all three games I watched, one common thread was an inability of Duke to make first downs when they needed them. Brice simply cannot make plays by himself. But we will see. Should be a good matchup.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Just damn! What does say about Tech ?? After the first game I would have thought we could win at least 5 ACC games during this weird season.
I never thought we would win five ACC games. I thought we would win one more than we won last year but this is not a good team right now. How will they handle coming off a long layoff? Tech needs to beat this team. Duke, for the first time in quite a while, just does not have anyone that stands out on offense and makes you go "We have to stop that guy".