Georgia Tech Headed to the TaxSlayer Bowl

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
... again... Thanks ACC...
"Georgia Tech can anticipate playing in a road environment when it plays its ACC opener against North Carolina Dec. 31 at McCamish Pavilion."
Link

We need to fight the ACC

Doubt game can be rescheduled.

If someone has no record of buying GT tix, and they are not on record as buying GTFB or GTBB season tickets this year - make them buy a season ticket package for all remaining games, not just tix for unc.

If they only want to buy tix for unc game - they have to make a certain minimum donation to GTAA to buy these tickets.

Find a way to fight uncheats from doing this to us.

**** swofford. Sick of that azzwipe.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone see a possibility of JT playing a few snaps at other positions in the situation that we get a big lead?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone see a possibility of JT playing a few snaps at other positions in the situation that we get a big lead?
Assuming the best, a big lead, and based on the Orange Bowl only, Thomas won't even be playing the bench. Poor Tim Byerly spent three years as a reliable backup and didn't get in his last game of football ever even after it became a blowout. I never saw Johnson explain that and apparently nobody ever asked him but Byerly was healthy. I feel badly for him every time I think about it.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Assuming the best, a big lead, and based on the Orange Bowl only, Thomas won't even be playing the bench. Poor Tim Byerly spent three years as a reliable backup and didn't get in his last game of football ever even after it became a blowout. I never saw Johnson explain that and apparently nobody ever asked him but Byerly was healthy. I feel badly for him every time I think about it.
IIRC, Byerly tore his acl in practice sometime between Alcorn and Tulane. If he did tear his acl, there is no way he was healthy enough to be able to play vs ugag.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
For those coming to Jax, if you get a chance, drive out to Mayport. It's about 30 minutes away from town on the coast north of the beaches. Not only is it home to Mayport Naval Station, it's also where all the fresh fish comes in daily. The absolutely best fried fish I've ever eaten in my life is at Safe Harbor Seafood which is a fish market and cafe. You can eat your meal while overlooking the docked shrimp boats and pelicans. The Mayport ferry is just down the street if you want quick access to Amelia Island. It's actually part of A1A.

Fernandina is a fun place to visit, as well. It's located on Amelia Island.

For all you New Year's revelers, you're on your own. My wild late night bar hopping days are long in the rearview mirror. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help. I will say the Brew Pub Industry has really taken off in Jax in the last 5 - 10 years. There are several of them around town. I ride my bike to Aardwolf all the time. No worry of dui, lol.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
For those coming to Jax, if you get a chance, drive out to Mayport. It's about 30 minutes away from town on the coast north of the beaches. Not only is it home to Mayport Naval Station, it's also where all the fresh fish comes in daily. The absolutely best fried fish I've ever eaten in my life is at Safe Harbor Seafood which is a fish market and cafe. You can eat your meal while overlooking the docked shrimp boats and pelicans. The Mayport ferry is just down the street if you want quick access to Amelia Island. It's actually part of A1A.

Fernandina is a fun place to visit, as well. It's located on Amelia Island.

For all you New Year's revelers, you're on your own. My wild late night bar hopping days are long in the rearview mirror. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help. I will say the Brew Pub Industry has really taken off in Jax in the last 5 - 10 years. There are several of them around town. I ride my bike to Aardwolf all the time. No worry of dui, lol.
I meant to say fried SHRIMP, not fried fish. But I bet the fried fish is good, too!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, Byerly tore his acl in practice sometime between Alcorn and Tulane. If he did tear his acl, there is no way he was healthy enough to be able to play vs ugag.
he in fact played after Tulane, and was the backup the rest of the year. I don't recall the specific injury except it was to a knee, but he came back during the season.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
he in fact played after Tulane, and was the backup the rest of the year. I don't recall the specific injury except it was to a knee, but he came back during the season.
you're mistaken.

2015 (Redshirt Senior): Saw significant playing time vs. Alcorn State (Sept. 3) ... Rushed seven times for 42 yards and touchdown ... Completed only pass attempt - 23-yard strike to Ricky Jeune ... Suffered season-ending knee injury in practice during week of Tulane game (Sept. 12).

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tim_byerly_798152.html

You seem to think 2014 (with the OB) was Tim's last season when he played in 2015 and was injured.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
you're mistaken.

2015 (Redshirt Senior): Saw significant playing time vs. Alcorn State (Sept. 3) ... Rushed seven times for 42 yards and touchdown ... Completed only pass attempt - 23-yard strike to Ricky Jeune ... Suffered season-ending knee injury in practice during week of Tulane game (Sept. 12).

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tim_byerly_798152.html

You seem to think 2014 (with the OB) was Tim's last season when he played in 2015 and was injured.
You are correct and I did conflate the seasons. I guess my disappointment was that he didn't get in the bowl game despite a significant GT advantage. Thanks.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Me too and I never understood why he was not put into the game.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Nice haul for players in the TaxSlayer Bowl: Fossil watch; carry-on bag; Under Armour sunglasses; commemorative football; personalized bobblehead with player’s face, name and uniform number.

AJC LEADOFF: Here are the gifts Tech, UGA players will get from bowls
Not as cool as the ski jackets and other cold weather stuff the players got when we went out to Boise, but probably a good deal more practical. Besides, there's also all the public attention, parties, and free food. I'd go for it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Expected, but RIDICULOUS !!!
I can't wear that.

While waiting under west stands by elevator wife and i were keeping cool before game started. we werectotally decked out in our usual gold or white, but I had on a new gold and blue foam helmet which i bought at the stadium (to replace my lld yellow one that ran out of luck). I and others thought the helmetv was pretty cool. Then this very old totally gold guy and his totally gold wife, came by and he dressed my down. I thought he might hit me with his cane.

That tee shirt is not only too blue, it's ugly. If the old gold guy sees you , be ready for a rap on the shin.

The blue foam helmet failed so I threw it away and have a brand new gold one.
I bet we have others at the game.