Georgia Tech Football and the deep South’s first black quarterback

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I have heard All of the above mentioned as reasons for Bill getting out of coaching.

I have no doubt that all of those events, compressed into such a short time frame, would make all of us consider a career change.

As for Bruce Elliott, I heard that he, while in the hospital, actually had a heart attack. I suppose from a clot.

Mine came from Bill, too. We were either having lunch at Wifesaver or we were on the way to the football letterwinners golf tournament with Craig Baynham. Before I posted it, I called Bruce Elliott to let him know what Coach Fulcher had told me but Bruce already knew because he said that Bill had told him the story years ago.
Are you in Augusta? I'd be interested in finding out who you are. I will see Bill again next week, so if I remember, I will ask him about Bruce Elliott.

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you in Augusta? I'd be interested in finding out who you are. I will see Bill again next week, so if I remember, I will ask him about Bruce Elliott.
I've lived in Augusta all of my life except for an 8 year "Bluto like" period at Tech. Before I switched jobs, he and I would have lunch every 2 or 3 weeks. Now, I only see him sitting in the choir loft at church and I only talk to him if I go upstairs at Sunday School to visit with Craig and him. Craig teaches their class.

I've lived in Augusta all of my life except for an 8 year "Bluto like" period at Tech. Before I switched jobs, he and I would have lunch every 2 or 3 weeks. Now, I only see him sitting in the choir loft at church and I only talk to him if I go upstairs at Sunday School to visit with Craig and him. Craig teaches their class.
WOW, small world. I am not a member at First, but I sing in the choir for special occasions -- the last two Christmas concerts and the upcoming Palm Sunday concert. I sit next to him at rehearsal, but I haven't in the actual performances. I didn't know that Craig went there too; I thought he went to First North Augusta. Although I never knew him, he and I were in the same class at Tech. Do you remember Forrest Inglett? One of his sons posts on here and I met him and re-met Forrest at 2016 homecoming. Forrest and I were in the same class both at ARC and Tech. Now I really want to know who you are. LOL

I sent you a PM.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yep. They don't call him Reverend Soundbite for nothing, but he is one smart cookie.

Reminds me a lot of Hosea Williams in that way. Hosea could - and often did - sound a bit light upstairs on tv. But he owned his own chemical company and held several patents for chemical processes; he held an MA in chemistry from Atlanta U. He worked for the DoAg as a research scientist before WW2 too. No slouch, iow. He was also brave as a lion; that was why Martin King sent him in first when he was starting a campaign. Hosea would get people stirred up and then King would send in - wait for it - Andy Young to talk to the locals.
I have to say -- and add nothing to the conversation -- after reading these exchanges about Jackson, Williams, Sharpton, et al -- I am surprised that none of it is accompanied by anger, incivility or demonizing, all characteristics that dominate our social and public landscape today. Give yourselves a hand for casting light and not heat on the subject. A rare thing now, and I for one appreciate it. Any chance you guys could get control of all the social outlets that have so coarsened our system?