Georgia Tech eyeing Orange Bowl, ACC Coastal after win vs. Clemson

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech clinched at least a share of the ACC Coastal Division and could be in line for an Orange bowl bid, should Florida State make the College Football Playoff, after a 28 - 6 victory over Clemson on Saturday.

While Georgia Tech's defense, a unit that has struggled this season, returned two interceptions for touchdowns and held Clemson's offense to its lowest point total under Dabo Swinney, the Yellow Jackets benefited from another unexpected result to boost their postseason outlook: a Duke home loss to Virginia Tech.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-orange-bowl-acc-coastal-after-win-vs-clemson

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
When we beat georgie, we should be in the top 10. We're almost guaranteed the OB at that point. I reckon that practically the only thing keeping us out of the OB after we beat georgie would be FSU losing any game except the ACCCG to us, meaning that either they or Duke would go to the OB.

If we go to the ACC CG and beat FSU, we'd probably still not get into the top 4, so we'd go to the OB. If we lose, we'd probably still be ranked higher than Duke and Miami, so we'd go.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
When we beat georgie, we should be in the top 10. We're almost guaranteed the OB at that point. I reckon that practically the only thing keeping us out of the OB after we beat georgie would be FSU losing any game except the ACCCG to us, meaning that either they or Duke would go to the OB.

If we go to the ACC CG and beat FSU, we'd probably still not get into the top 4, so we'd go to the OB. If we lose, we'd probably still be ranked higher than Duke and Miami, so we'd go.
We would need a miracle. A slim chance, but a win over the dawgs and FSU, and the pups win the SEC. Were that to happen, it would be hard to keep us out.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We would need a miracle. A slim chance, but a win over the dawgs and FSU, and the pups win the SEC. Were that to happen, it would be hard to keep us out.

Why do you say slim chance? Who in the ACC is going to be ranked higher than us if we the dwags?

Right now the odds have to be on the side of FSU beating both BC and UF and Duke beating both UNC and WF. If that happens, then FSU will go to the CFP, and the highest ranked ACC team will go to the OB. That will be us, even without playing FSU.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do you say slim chance? Who in the ACC is going to be ranked higher than us if we the dwags?

Right now the odds have to be on the side of FSU beating both BC and UF and Duke beating both UNC and WF. If that happens, then FSU will go to the CFP, and the highest ranked ACC team will go to the OB. That will be us, even without playing FSU.

Pretty sure he meant for the playoff, not the OB.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a feeling that if we were undefeated going into this game, we would have choked it away somehow... Let the pressure get to us.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

I still do not see the CFB committee taking a two loss champion if there are several teams with one loss. I would say the odds favor TCU, Baylor, BIG, and PAC having only one loss.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I still do not see the CFB committee taking a two loss champion if there are several teams with one loss. I would say the odds favor TCU, Baylor, BIG, and PAC having only one loss.

OB = Orange Bowl which is not in the CFP this year. If you read my initial response to which you replied again, you'll see that I also said that that we have a slim chance to get into the top 4, ie the CFP.