Article Georgia Tech coordinators see bump in pay

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Undergrad matters the most for fan development. Good friend that did undergrad with me at tech got mba at unc-ch. Still 100% tech fan. Also have a high school friend who lives in Philly whose son chose to attend UGA last year mainly for the college sports atmosphere(ps - I give him **** weekly for allowing that to happen).
As freshmen In 65 I was broke and football players gave me peanut butter and frindship because i couldcexplain caluclus terms in conuntry lingo. Dean Dull showed mercy. Since i graduated , i been faithfully giving back what i can.

After u get out of gt life is like a party.

I hope we have a great prez and ad who will integrate athletics into campus life. The new shift to entrepreneural business opportunities will be quantumly more financially beneficial to gt and gtaa , than the 40 year corporate career engineerc

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
All these exorbitant CFB coaching salaries originally caused by Government. Title nine put the whole financial burden on FB. That's where the money has been. Our program was in the can when it all started and we've been trying to play catch up ever since it appears. At least we now have an administration that is backing the program, may be the biggest positive in over 50 years when it is all said and done and if the real truth is known. The impact that has on others to support going fwd may never be known by the fan base.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
All these exorbitant CFB coaching salaries originally caused by Government. Title nine put the whole financial burden on FB. That's where the money has been. Our program was in the can when it all started and we've been trying to play catch up ever since it appears. At least we now have an administration that is backing the program, may be the biggest positive in over 50 years when it is all said and done and if the real truth is known. The impact that has on others to support going fwd may never be known by the fan base.
Schools had an option with Title IX to cut football scholarships drastically. Titile IX has made a huge impact for girls sports in a positive way.

Trying to buy championships has been the driver on salaries

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Schools had an option with Title IX to cut football scholarships drastically. Titile IX has made a huge impact for girls sports in a positive way.

Trying to buy championships has been the driver on salaries
And while TF gt Prez was president of the ncaa board of governors they had nice meetings, dinners and had reports prepared.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
GT's enrollment counts the online students which inflates the number a ton, and those people are giving essentially nothing to the school or the football program.
This ^^^

I see we have around 45,000 students. In fall 2022 we had under 17,600 undergrads.
Most of the Grad students are remote. Many only have only stepped on campus for graduation, many, not even then.

Below is for the 2021-2022 academic year.

There are 43,859 students including 17,461 undergraduate and 26,398 graduate students at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus for academic year 2021-2022. By attending status, there are 22,586 full-time and 21,273 part-time students with gender distribution of 30,044 male and 13,815 female students.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I had a conversation with a friend this weekend. She randomly said GT was #2 in total enrollment in the state of GA, and ahead of UGA. I looked it up and found this:

For my purposes, I would consider total enrollment about equal for the top 4 on that list. Given that, you would think GT would be better than the numbers you quoted...and we know your numbers are probably accurate given how cheap GT fans are. I don't expect GT to be anywhere close to UGA athletic donations, but given the numbers, you would hope GT could at least break $20 million. Nope.

The other thing is GT's male enrollment is pretty high. I would make a guess (maybe a bad one) that males give more to their school's sports programs than females do.

Really odd numbers all around for GT.
Those figures include graduate schools, where 50% of the students at GT are international students. GT has about 19,000 undergraduate students while UGa has about 32,000.