Georgia hasn't played anybody yet

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
UGA undeniably has a good team this year and is loaded with talent. They've got good depth and a pretty stout defense. The AJC has said in recent days (paraphrasing) that we'll learn more about Tech in the coming weeks as it enters the meat grinder of its schedule, but to date they really haven't played anyone yet. So it's impossible right now to gauge how good they really are...

By the same token, UGA hasn't really played anyone, either. Presumably, the Tennessee team they just played is a little worse or a little more beat up than they were in Week 1 against Tech... Or maybe Georgia matched up better against them on the field, or maybe Tech's defense has improved since then.

At any rate, even though UGA is ranked #5 and possibly climbing after the Oklahoma loss, I think Tech stands more than a decent chance against them this year. I also think the Jackets are probably tired of losing to those guys at home, too. Which games does UGA lose this year prior to coming to Grant Field?

My biggest guess is a mental meltdown in Florida, and probably a beat-down at the hands of Auburn... The rest of their SEC schedule they likely win.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA beat noter dame on the road, which is pretty impressive. Rest of their to-date schedule is pretty meh. Their D looks great but their offense is ok. Still think bama is leagues better than them based off the scoreboard of both vandy games. Agree about GT not playing anyone though, my computer analytics have us as the softest schedule in the ACC so far (it views all FCS teams as the same, so take it with a grain of salt). Miami really will be the first measuring stick as we learned jack **** at the Tennesee game and switched up what we did poorly there.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Outside of ND they’ve had a soft schedule, but they are absolutely crushing everyone they play.

If you’re not worried about their rushing game vs our defense you aren’t familiar with our defense or this series. I honestly would not be surprised if they outrush us and win TOP this year. This game will probably look a lot like 2009.

I hope I’m wrong, but it seems like they’ve finally put it together this year. I’m pinning my hopes on Auburn and Bama to beat them. McElwain might be able to pull something out of his butt, but I doubt it.