Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised if Collins was told that DMo was taking up one of the limited number of football admin positions, so Collins pushed him out to use that position for a consultant or recruiting coordinator.
No. No like that at all.
Collins wasn't letting DMo travel with the team, wasn't letting him pray with team before games, wasn't letting him deliver the pre-game motivational speech.
Beamer heard that was going on, called DMo, offered a spot and $50K and that was it.
There's more to it than that, that really makes our now former (thank you God) coach look bad when it comes to D Mo. It's posted on TOS. But that suffices for now.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I met DMo at a GT basketball game a few seasons ago. I had no idea who he was. He and another gentleman, who was a team chaplain if memory serves, were sitting behind me , and we engaged in a brief conversation. They mentioned that DMo was the voice for the bball intro video I think. Anyway, even in our brief interaction, DMo came across as a deeply impactful person and he seemed to really care a lot about GT.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
No. No like that at all.
Collins wasn't letting DMo travel with the team, wasn't letting him pray with team before games, wasn't letting him deliver the pre-game motivational speech.
Beamer heard that was going on, called DMo, offered a spot and $50K and that was it.
There's more to it than that, that really makes our now former (thank you God) coach look bad when it comes to D Mo. It's posted on TOS. But that suffices for now.
Was not aware of this. Wow!

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
No. No like that at all.

I would also like to clarify that Paul Johnson (or the AD or whoever makes these decisions) also didn't have DMo officially on salary as a staffed position. This wasn't just on Collins alone, GT as a whole didn't really compensate him for his value while Shane Beamer did.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I would also like to clarify that Paul Johnson (or the AD or whoever makes these decisions) also didn't have DMo officially on salary as a staffed position. This wasn't just on Collins alone, GT as a whole didn't really compensate him for his value while Shane Beamer did.
Paul wasnt allowed to so he got him paid by a different group

Status
Not open for further replies.