Geoff Collins on College Football Now with Roddy

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://tun.in/iemnz

Can't seem to get the embed to work but that link should take you to the clip.

Talks a bit about:
  • How he needs to focus on recruiting and marketing so having his coordinators from Temple there already knowing what to do is going to be helpful.
  • Really wants to embrace the city of Atlanta.
  • GT is an Innovator and needs to look like Google or Apple (hasn't TStan said this?)
  • Everyone starting with a clean slate. Lots of RBs so need to implement a system to showcase them. Wants 5 TEs.
  • Continues to say there are no challenges only advantages.
  • Academics are a window into intangibles for recruits. Recruits that excel academically will probably excel in every way.
  • Coaching staff will be relentless recruiters with energy on the practice field. Everything in our power to help them earn their degree.
  • Went to waffle house every day his first 9 days. No carbs just a lot of protein.
  • Refuses to pick a winner between Clemson and Alabama
  • Staff meeting this week and Team Meeting Sunday night.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I love it. I am so excited about Collins. We haven't been 'cool' under Gailey or Johnson. I love that Collins wants to embrace the positives of GT and sell the challenges as positives. We've not had this type of mindset on campus in my 20 or so years of following GT football. I'm hopeful that he can have a top 35 recruiting class in 2019, top 25 in 2020... I think we have exciting times ahead.

slugboy

Staff member
Another great thread derailed by the same 3 people. Exhausting.

Just hit “report” and put in “off topic”. That’ll let us know where to look (though not when I’m on my phone). I don’t look at everything, and I’ve been doing other things today.

I’ll put the off topic stuff in, well somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk