General News about Key and his Staff

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Key and Faulkner visited Silver Bluff HS in Aiken County, SC today as well. Not sure who they were going to see. SBHS is a small school here in Class AA.

Agreed, but down here in rural GA, a single A kid (schools less than 400 students) just signed with Penn St (He came to visit GT but I think Key had yet to named HC when he did). It's all about building those connections for the present and future. The coach at that school may have played against another player that is under the radar. Never know.

Or they might have a kicker who can get it in the endzone on kickoffs as well as nail field goal/PAT in the >85% range!

Last edited:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Agreed, but down here in rural GA, a single A kid (schools less than 400 students) just signed with Penn St (He came to visit GT but I think Key had yet to named HC when he did). It's all about building those connections for the present and future. The coach at that school may have played against another player that is under the radar. Never know.

Or they might have a kicker who can get it in the endzone on kickoffs as well as nail field goal/PAT in the >85% range!

The PWO QB we signed was from North Augusta High in the same county. Could have been just a chance to visit other schools in the area while in the area. The SB QB is good, but I don't honestly think he's FBS material and hasn't shown up on any recruiting radars so far. Either way, it's good to see them in our area.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GTAA Staff addition:

I am curious. How many of you knew that "ideation" is a real word? I didn't until I looked it up but it is a word I have never heard anyone actually use...kind of like the words "chortle", "guffaw", "effete", "eschew" or "insouciant". you see them in books but never hear anyone use them in conversation. I have said it before, I am very skeptical of nebulous job titles. WTBS, wish him the best in his job...whatever it may be. ;)

Blue&Gold1034

Georgia Tech Fan
A bit strange that Key (the HEAD coach not just an asst) visits a school that doesn't have an identified recruit.When is the last time he went to Buford.? A new head coach needs to learn a lot including how to distribute his time most efficiently.
This seems like trying to nitpick for no reason. First, who says he hasn't visited Buford or other big name schools and it just hasn't been posted about? Second, Silver Bluff has Jordan Boyd who is currently ranked as the 6th best recruit in the state for 2024. Im sure that Key knows what he is doing when it comes to distribute his time.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I am curious. How many of you knew that "ideation" is a real word? I didn't until I looked it up but it is a word I have never heard anyone actually use...kind of like the words "chortle", "guffaw", "effete", "eschew" or "insouciant". you see them in books but never hear anyone use them in conversation. I have said it before, I am very skeptical of nebulous job titles. WTBS, wish him the best in his job...whatever it may be. ;)
Ideation is a very trendy word over the last decade in the creative/consumer product space, in my experience. Now spreading to athletic program branding, I guess.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I, unfortunately, have heard of it and hear it a lot.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Over 15 years ago I worked for a large corporation that formalized the process of various stages of product development. I'll let you guess what the name of the first phase was.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
A bit strange that Key (the HEAD coach not just an asst) visits a school that doesn't have an identified recruit.When is the last time he went to Buford.? A new head coach needs to learn a lot including how to distribute his time most efficiently.
Maybe he knows more than some of our posters. The #6 prospect in the state of SC FOR 2024 goes there. I’d love to have their LB.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Over 15 years ago I worked for a large corporation that formalized the process of various stages of product development. I'll let you guess what the name of the first phase was.
I left the corporate world about that time. I worked with a process engineer who made up (or copied the idea) of "Corporate BS Bingo". he would pass these cards out anytime we were on a conference call with the fine folks at corporate and it had all the latest jargon and buzzwords on it. If you filled a column, row, or a diagonal in the span of the conference call the other attendees had to buy you a bottle of your choice. I won a bottle of 18 year old macallan's once and have long since forgotten the jargon du juor. Good times but it felt like Alice in Wonderland for a lot of it. I digress as is the case often. As i said, I hope this guy is the best in all of college FB at ideation.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ideation is a very trendy word over the last decade in the creative/consumer product space, in my experience. Now spreading to athletic program branding, I guess.
I use and hear 'ideation' a lot at work but most at work would also say I'm the younger trendy one.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
One of the things that I've heard that makes Dabo a good recruiter is that he gets out a lot and spends time with HS coaches.