General News about Key and his Staff

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh, I dunno...maybe because managing people is pretty much the same regardless of the institution.

Unless you're a Marine or a Catholic priest. Other than that...

Marine officers are excellent managers. They are all tough, infantry like their enlisted and take care of their people. Enlisted eat first and no one is left behind.

Loyalty has to flow both down and up the chain of command. And managing people with a common ethos is easier since you have shared ultimate goals. Like Catholic priests?

So yeah, I agree the Marines are better.

Key reminds me of a marine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nah the other way around. I put him on the map

Cedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The NFL guy lost his job when the Giants' Head Coach, Joe Judge was fired and Brain Daboll was hired from Buffalo. Looks like he took a year off last year. With the money these guys make I'm sure he did not go hungry. He probably was looking to get back in the game and had put feelers out. He looks like he has a good resume and reportedly is a solid recruiter as well as a coach.

I would not put too much stock in any of these guys. Most of them are here today and gone tomorrow. With the escalating salary scale in the coaching profession, it is akin to the players and NIL. Just make them a better offer and away they go. A head coach needs to build a farm system with grad assistants and staff analyst that can be an apprentice-like arrangement, continually being groomed to step up and step in. I think Key may be that kind of Coach. We will see.

Go Jackets!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I saw on twitter gt site that while Marco at Michigan State, they added 4 each 4star DL.
I could get used to a good dl.

I felt it was a really bad sign he and Choice both made lateral moves away from their Alma mater. That told me that they felt things were very bad with no signs of getting better.

Now, I think it’s equally a good sign that he was willing to come right back so quickly with Key in charge. I see this as a sign that he sees the main problem has been solved if the quick 4-4 turnaround wasn’t enough of a sign. The main problem is g(eoff)one.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Marine officers are excellent managers. They are all tough, infantry like their enlisted and take care of their people. Enlisted eat first and no one is left behind.

Loyalty has to flow both down and up the chain of command. And managing people with a common ethos is easier since you have shared ultimate goals. Like Catholic priests?

So yeah, I agree the Marines are better.

Key reminds me of a marine.
A lot of people don't get it, think the military command structure consists of getting power and acting like a meglomaniac randomly barking out orders and having peope snapping to. The level of collaboration, teamwork, support commitment is stunning when you look back on it. If only you could get half that dynamic in the average organization you'd be a world leader in whatever you did.

I think we're onto something here. The hiring of the HS Director & the "outsiders looking in view" that we cleaned house in areas that we may have been content with we very revealing to me. This is different & these men- Cabrera, Batt & Key deserve the chance to have their system be put in place & see what they can do. I have confidence in them. They seem to be a team.

4 short years ago we had 1 person we believed in, surrounded by non-supporters. Now we have a leadership team that all seems to be rowing in the same direction.

Go Jackets!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we're onto something here. The hiring of the HS Director & the "outsiders looking in view" that we cleaned house in areas that we may have been content with we very revealing to me. This is different & these men- Cabrera, Batt & Key deserve the chance to have their system be put in place & see what they can do. I have confidence in them. They seem to be a team.

4 short years ago we had 1 person we believed in, surrounded by non-supporters. Now we have a leadership team that all seems to be rowing in the same direction.

Go Jackets!
If CPJ had this level of top-down support and financial commitment, GT would have competed for a national title. (and I say this knowing full well that he didn't always ingratiate himself to the top... even if it wouldn't have mattered, b/c I don't believe they were as capable as these top guys)

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ had this level of top-down support and financial commitment, GT would have competed for a national title. (and I say this knowing full well that he didn't always ingratiate himself to the top... even if it wouldn't have mattered, b/c I don't believe they were as capable as these top guys)
Catch 22. Having UGA win a National Championship and Tech have 3 straight 3 win seasons has gotten some of the higher ups (President Cabrera) and money people off the schneid. CPJ was a victim of the fact he showed he could be 'good enough' with less money. If what needed to happen to motivate this had happened under him, he'd have been canned though.