Gasparilla Bowl v UCF postgame celebration bonanza extravaganza

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This has been my question from the end. Does anyone have any information that indicates there might be a search? Or interviews?
I have a friend who claims he knows someone who's well connected that supposedly told him we interviewed the guy from Miss State, but that's all I've heard or seen. Other than that and the DB coaches being moved off field and presumably let go at the end of their contracts, I haven't seen much else yet.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I have a friend who claims he knows someone who's well connected that supposedly told him we interviewed the guy from Miss State, but that's all I've heard or seen. Other than that and the DB coaches being moved off field and presumably let go at the end of their contracts, I haven't seen much else yet.
That has been on twitter, but it looked kinda more like a clown joke than a real thing. Your friend probably has a twitter account.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Boy the start of this game had me real worried

But man our Offense showed up! And the D did what they needed to do. UCF kind of fell apart lol

Congrats to Key on his first full season , got some work to do in the offense fixing the D, but we will get there

Bright future ahead no matter how rocky things get with the conference
Yep, that first quarter looked like Collins had returned. But Key’s team showed up after that.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We need to advertise and hype Haynes King next year. People need to want to come see him play. He can draw sidewalk fans that like to see good football.
This. Our offense this year started to remind me of the 1990 offense.

1 - a GREAT signal caller at the helm.
2 - an increasingly dominant o-line.
3 - versatile skill players, including an RB who just loved to run over people.
4 - a mix of option and other concepts. The whole “scheme” is an amalgamation of schemes, designed to fit the personnel we have and exploit the teams we’re playing against.

They were fun to watch. And agreed - this is the type of offense that can engender sidewalk fans. Let’s face it - right now we’re an underdog. But people love an underdog - specifically, an underdog who punches above its weight. We’ve proven we’re that.

If we can get our defense on the right track, we’ll be putting a team on the field that can compete with anyone - and that is really fun to watch. Excited to see the seeds we’ve planted starting to grow.

NewEnglandTransplant

Georgia Tech Fan
I am so happy I made the trip to Tampa and attended the game. Great turnout Tech fans. And a great comeback effort to the players and coaches. Congratulations to all Jackets!
I am very proud of how the season turned out, despite some bumps and disappointments along the way. Looking back with the exception of Clemson where we laid an egg in my opinion, we were competitive against two very strong teams UGA and Ole Miss. One day we will win these games. All the other games we lost were winnable so there is a lot to be excited about. And equally, a LOT of work to be done.....
  1. Defense is the absolute priority number 1 beginning with a proven DC and an attack aggressive well coached defense (we need about 20 Kyle Efford types on D going 100 percent every play)
  2. Kick off coverage and punting/punt coverage is 1a-I used up too may f bombs this year watching terrible coverage.
  3. Depth in the O-line but darn, those guys this season sure improved over the season
  4. Loved our kicking game, fg and kick offs (but not our coverage)
  5. Haynes King, Jamal Haynes, Malik Rutherford...all the offensive players.....guys, please stay, we love you.
  6. Coach Key, GREAT job, you have our support.
  7. OC Coach Faulkner, you are the best......please stay!
  8. AD J Batt, thank you for your vision.
  9. GT fans, see you in Ireland vs those ACC traitorous Noles!
  10. Happy and healthy 2024 New Year to all

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so happy I made the trip to Tampa and attended the game. Great turnout Tech fans. And a great comeback effort to the players and coaches. Congratulations to all Jackets!
I am very proud of how the season turned out, despite some bumps and disappointments along the way. Looking back with the exception of Clemson where we laid an egg in my opinion, we were competitive against two very strong teams UGA and Ole Miss. One day we will win these games. All the other games we lost were winnable so there is a lot to be excited about. And equally, a LOT of work to be done.....
  1. Defense is the absolute priority number 1 beginning with a proven DC and an attack aggressive well coached defense (we need about 20 Kyle Efford types on D going 100 percent every play)
  2. Kick off coverage and punting/punt coverage is 1a-I used up too may f bombs this year watching terrible coverage.
  3. Depth in the O-line but darn, those guys this season sure improved over the season
  5. Haynes King, Jamal Haynes, Malik Rutherford...all the offensive players.....guys, please stay, we love you.
Might help with more AT and NIL contributions

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Came here to post this, some beautiful cutups of our option and power run game. Just watching the oline is fun, they are great at getting to the second level and washing down d linemen chasing motion to open up holes. Both Haynes have great patience and vision to find openings and explode through them. Funny playing against Gus as he ran a similar offense back in his early Auburn days with Nick Marshal at qb and Tre Mason at rb. Though his dominant oline and fb Jay Prosch ( guy could power clean over 400lbs) helped make their lives easier. Hope we can continue to build on this success and add new wrinkles to keep opposing defense heads spinning.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

This is a great showcase of some of our best run plays.
Granted, UCF's run D isn't good, but both TEs blocked well on the first play, enabling extra yardage. On King's 5-yard TD run, his fake toss took two defenders completely out of the play. Also, Jamal has quick feet and is outstanding at finding creases, enabling him to get yards on plays that otherwise appear to be going nowhere.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I’m not 100% that he doesn’t have an option on plays like this

That first play definitely looks like an option play, the second could be also. Notably, on the second if it was an option instead of a called fake, Haynes made an incredibly quick decision to keep and run.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
There’s no doubt that GT has been using option concepts/plays this year. We are still running an option offense, just not from under center like we did with our hall of fame former HC Paul Johnson.

I get the sense that Coach Key respects what PJ did here and isn’t to proud to do whatever it takes to be good on the offensive side of the ball.

Coach Key is definitely the right man for this job at this time. He loves GT. He seems to be willing to adapt and do whatever it takes to put his team in a position to win.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Just saying, this might be the first posting by anyone from NE that has posted in a long time that I can get on board with.
Signed,
All Falcons fans ....