Gasparilla Bowl v UCF postgame celebration bonanza extravaganza

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My mother was from West End and we lived in Bolton apartments in the 70’s until we moved to mableton in 1979 and she was a Ga Tech fan and I loved the Ga Tech uniforms because they were kind of plain which is why I started liking Penn St in 1975 I loved the plain uniforms with nothing on ‘em. I don’t mind a game or 2 but get back to the plain gold helmets with the GT I love the Ga Tech tradition. That’s the Ga Tech helmets I grew up watching anyway lol I’m 55. My friends, we had a great year and it’s going to get even better when Brent Key gets the defense fixed. Let’s give the defense some love because they do fight like heck every game and they did help get the win last night. I’m proud and excited for ‘em.
Really? I grew up on Bohler Road not far from the old Bolton apartments as I recall in the 1970s. Did you go to South Cobb or Pebblebrook in high school when you were in Mableton? Small world indeed.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the steadfast commitment to the run game. Hasselbeck (sp?) talked about how play callers sometimes get bored with calling the same play(s) and mix things up sometimes unneccesarily. I really liked that broadcast team. Of course, Wes is a known entity but I enjoyed Hasselbeck's comments last night as well. We have had this pair at other times as well this year. I think they add to the enjoyment of the game whereas other announcers can detract from it.
Yes, It was like watching one of Paul's teams in ano0ther formation. We beat them on time of possession and most of that came in the second half. And Key is right; watching King milk the clock from the middle of the third quarter was a lot of fun.

Well … for Tech fans, at least.

JACKET26

Georgia Tech Fan
Where is the gear going to be available? All I’ve seen is the non-branded t-shirt GT sent an email out about but the players had on adidas hats after the game

stech81

Helluva Engineer
After watching the defense last night and how they finished the year am I the only one that thinks Kevin Sherrer deserves a chance to be our DC next year? The defense got better after KS took over. Go look at the points UCF scored this year and we shut them down in the second half. I believe we’ve got our DC folks.
First, it's not up to me. I just don't want the same thing that happen with the last DC. Not knowing who coached what for the bowl game it's a hard call. I would love to know what defense Sherrer wants to run.

What I do know it's up to coach Key and I trust he will make the right call.

I think after the next month we will have an idea if they hire some coaches to replace the two that didn't get to coach for the bowl, then I would say Sherrer is Keys pick, if not then the next coach he would hire would be a DC and let him pick the coaches he wants.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Where is the gear going to be available? All I’ve seen is the non-branded t-shirt GT sent an email out about but the players had on adidas hats after the game
Here:

I imagine more will be coming out in the near future.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Can they review whether something happened BEFORE the whistle blew?
My understanding is NO…. At least not from the booth. I feel like I have seen these reviews before though. Maybe in an instance where another field official overrules? Not entirely sure.
I just know I was really happy when we snapped it so no one had a chance to question! :)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is NO…. At least not from the booth. I feel like I have seen these reviews before though. Maybe in an instance where another field official overrules? Not entirely sure.
I just know I was really happy when we snapped it so no one had a chance to question! :)
I felt exactly the same way.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
You’re right it was 8. I still didn’t understand not taking one more shot given they had TOs to spare. It was curious to me especially as it appeared they even rushed to get the FG kicker in position.

According to ESPN, there were only 8 seconds. They might have used their last TO the play before. You can go either way, but our secondary is actually good (despite the chat comments) and you run the risk of running out of time. Taking the safe 3 and going to the locker room isn’t that bad a call
Ah now I see where you said they didn’t have a TO remaining. That explains it. I thought they did. Thank you.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It was a good crowd. There were a few times (1st quarter) when the UCF crowd was so loud our offense could not check down. Later in the game the GT crowd shut them down.
I thought their band had a lot to do with the noise during the play. They played nearly every play right up until the motion stopped and even a few times through that.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I was curious about the UCF interception. I was willing to believe several things at once -the ball didn’t hit the ground, the Tech receiver had actually caught the ball before it was taken away, the UCF player got both hands under the ball, and that reviews confirmed the call on the field.

But I never saw a replay that slowed things down enough to see conclusively that all these things happened. Did I just miss it? Everything I saw was kind of like seeing the figure on the grassy knoll. “Can you make him out? Yeah, I can see him.”
I actually didnt think the UCF DB retained possession in bounds. It was a heck of a play, a good throw, good effort from ESJ, and a helluva play by the defender.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
There was certainly no replay I saw to "overturn" the call. One of those deals where call was going to stand no matter how it was called originally.

Seemed to be only 2 angles they kept showing. TV never addressed this but I kept thinking it was possible the defender didn't completely control ball before touching OB.

Definitely an odd play.
GreaT minds think alike.