Gasparilla Bowl v UCF postgame celebration bonanza extravaganza

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. The announcers were like “why would you stop running? The GT OL is living at the next level.”
I really liked the steadfast commitment to the run game. Hasselbeck (sp?) talked about how play callers sometimes get bored with calling the same play(s) and mix things up sometimes unneccesarily. I really liked that broadcast team. Of course, Wes is a known entity but I enjoyed Hasselbeck's comments last night as well. We have had this pair at other times as well this year. I think they add to the enjoyment of the game whereas other announcers can detract from it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Feel like this isn’t getting enough talk - we held them to 0 points in the second half. Partly because we were running clock the whole time, I guess. But holding a Malzahn team to 0 points in a half is impressive.
Absolutely. In fact our guys held them scoreless for 2.5 quarters. They scored that last FG with about 8:37 left in the 2nd or something like that.

They made some odd time management decisions. I didn’t understand why they didn’t take one more shot at the end zone at the end of the first half. They had 15 seconds and a TO left, didn’t they? Then they rushed the kicking team out and the kicker didn’t seem to know what side of the field to go to. Then I thought they waited an awful long time before using their TOs in the second half.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Key is so fun to watch when he lets loose. Some coaches stay composed, key on the other hand is just having fun with it. Glad he's our guy right now
What I love about CBK... he's obviously all about the program, the Institute, leads on toughness. All that is obvious & great....
...but he also (imo) has just a little "nerd" in him too which fun & very endearing.

GO JACKETS!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It is my understanding (and the announcers said as well iirc) that forward progress/when the play is stopped is NOT reviewable.
I was curious about the UCF interception. I was willing to believe several things at once -the ball didn’t hit the ground, the Tech receiver had actually caught the ball before it was taken away, the UCF player got both hands under the ball, and that reviews confirmed the call on the field.

But I never saw a replay that slowed things down enough to see conclusively that all these things happened. Did I just miss it? Everything I saw was kind of like seeing the figure on the grassy knoll. “Can you make him out? Yeah, I can see him.”

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the steadfast commitment to the run game. Hasselbeck (sp?) talked about how play callers sometimes get bored with calling the same play(s) and mix things up sometimes unneccesarily. I really liked that broadcast team. Of course, Wes is a known entity but I enjoyed Hasselbeck's comments last night as well. We have had this pair at other times as well this year. I think they add to the enjoyment of the game whereas other announcers can detract from it.
Yes. Excellent broadcast team.

slugboy

Staff member
Absolutely. In fact our guys held them scoreless for 2.5 quarters. They scored that last FG with about 8:37 left in the 2nd or something like that.

They made some odd time management decisions. I didn’t understand why they didn’t take one more shot at the end zone at the end of the first half. They had 15 seconds and a TO left, didn’t they? Then they rushed the kicking team out and the kicker didn’t seem to know what side of the field to go to. Then I thought they waited an awful long time before using their TOs in the second half.
According to ESPN, there were only 8 seconds. They might have used their last TO the play before. You can go either way, but our secondary is actually good (despite the chat comments) and you run the risk of running out of time. Taking the safe 3 and going to the locker room isn’t that bad a call

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
According to ESPN, there were only 8 seconds. They might have used their last TO the play before. You can go either way, but our secondary is actually good (despite the chat comments) and you run the risk of running out of time. Taking the safe 3 and going to the locker room isn’t that bad a call
You’re right it was 8. I still didn’t understand not taking one more shot given they had TOs to spare. It was curious to me especially as it appeared they even rushed to get the FG kicker in position.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Wes and Hasselback are my favorite announcing team. Wes (obviously) gets us, but Tim is a good color guy that can explain plays in detail, and he likes talking about us positively.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I was curious about the UCF interception. I was willing to believe several things at once -the ball didn’t hit the ground, the Tech receiver had actually caught the ball before it was taken away, the UCF player got both hands under the ball, and that reviews confirmed the call on the field.

But I never saw a replay that slowed things down enough to see conclusively that all these things happened. Did I just miss it? Everything I saw was kind of like seeing the figure on the grassy knoll. “Can you make him out? Yeah, I can see him.”
I thought he didn’t have control until he was out of bounds.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
And kicking on 3rd let’s you screw up the snap and rekick

slugboy

Staff member
Wes and Hasselback are my favorite announcing team. Wes (obviously) gets us, but Tim is a good color guy that can explain plays in detail, and he likes talking about us positively.
I’d like a Wes and RG3 or Wes and Brock Huard combo.

Some of ESPNs best color commentators are on their “B tier” of games. It’s a special treat for teams like us.

We win with Wes this year

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Agree. Tim's commentary during the Miami game is hilarious.
And he called it early too. Said MIA was courting disaster, iirc.
I’d like a Wes and RG3 or Wes and Brock Huard combo.

Some of ESPNs best color commentators are on their “B tier” of games. It’s a special treat for teams like us.

We win with Wes this year

Because the B and C teams have to actually research and prep for the game. Instead of spending hours tryna figure out the pro-SEC angles to work into unrelated conversations.