Gasparilla Bowl v UCF postgame celebration bonanza extravaganza

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So, for the most important question…what did we think of the helmet?
Wondered if anyone else had that question.

I did not like them. The GT should always be solid, emblematic of a solid institution. A ghost image that is often hard to see seems like the exact opposite of what one would see on any big time program that is promoting its brand.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

I did not like them. The GT should always be solid, emblematic of a solid institution. A ghost image that is often hard to see seems like the exact opposite of what one would see on any big time program that is promoting its brand.
It was kinda like the helmet we wore against USF I think in 2019?

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow

My mother was from West End and we lived in Bolton apartments in the 70’s until we moved to mableton in 1979 and she was a Ga Tech fan and I loved the Ga Tech uniforms because they were kind of plain which is why I started liking Penn St in 1975 I loved the plain uniforms with nothing on ‘em. I don’t mind a game or 2 but get back to the plain gold helmets with the GT I love the Ga Tech tradition. That’s the Ga Tech helmets I grew up watching anyway lol I’m 55. My friends, we had a great year and it’s going to get even better when Brent Key gets the defense fixed. Let’s give the defense some love because they do fight like heck every game and they did help get the win last night. I’m proud and excited for ‘em.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
OTOH, I was thinking Jamal may have actually fumbled the ball when they said the play was stopped due to forward progress. Did anyone else think that when looking closer at the replays?
Yes- probably caught a break there.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
OTOH, I was thinking Jamal may have actually fumbled the ball when they said the play was stopped due to forward progress. Did anyone else think that when looking closer at the replays?
Yup. 100% needed a look.
I was applauding our quick snap.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Gus Malzahn has got to be disappointed in how his team got manhandled in the second half. UCF is a very potent offensive team and yet somehow Tech’s defense took the starch right out of them. Still pondering what I saw.
Feel like this isn’t getting enough talk - we held them to 0 points in the second half. Partly because we were running clock the whole time, I guess. But holding a Malzahn team to 0 points in a half is impressive.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
My mother was from West End and we lived in Bolton apartments in the 70’s until we moved to mableton in 1979 and she was a Ga Tech fan and I loved the Ga Tech uniforms because they were kind of plain which is why I started liking Penn St in 1975 I loved the plain uniforms with nothing on ‘em. I don’t mind a game or 2 but get back to the plain gold helmets with the GT I love the Ga Tech tradition. That’s the Ga Tech helmets I grew up watching anyway lol I’m 55. My friends, we had a great year and it’s going to get even better when Brent Key gets the defense fixed. Let’s give the defense some love because they do fight like heck every game and they did help get the win last night. I’m proud and excited for ‘em.
I lived off Bolton for a few years.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Just made it back to our Hotel room. I can only say what a great effort after getting down 2 scores. I know I will sleep better tonight. I believe our football team is in good hands with Brent Key. The Tech fans really came alive once things picked up in the second quarter. Once Haynes started running more things really changed on the offense. And the defense really bowed up in the second half. I am sure the staff made some adjustments that I could not see or understand as a fan.

As far as FSU is concerned, just bring your money and hit the road!!
Biggest thing I saw scheme-wise on offense was that UCF’s ends were disrupting our motion by setting the edge, which was really messing with our timing. We started doing a lot more inside runs and bringing blockers in from more angles - like motion TE blocking a DE. Once we got the blocking down we just started manhandling their D. The announcers were like “why would you stop running? The GT OL is living at the next level.”