Gasparilla Bowl v UCF postgame celebration bonanza extravaganza

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Helluva win, helluva team, helluva year. Congrats to the seniors and other outgoing players for ending their GT careers with a W.

Congrats to this year’s freshmen and other newcomers (King, Maola, Scaglione, Leary, etc) for playing huge roles in righting the wayward ship that was/is Georgia Tech football.

Congrats to Head Coach Brent Key for a job well done, first bowl game, bowl win, and winning season since College Football Hall of Famer Paul Johnson was under the headset for GT.

Congrats to all the fans who have stuck it out for the last 4+ years of extremely rough times, not knowing if GT football would ever get out of the cellar again.

Welcome back to the fans that have been checked out for the last 4 years. We need all of you to get back on board and be ready for next August.

So long GT Football 2023, it was a wild ride. A lot of lows, a lot of highs. It wasn’t great solely based on record, but I had a great time following this team. Hopefully this is still part of a longer climb back to relevancy. Happy Holidays y’all!!

Go Jackets

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
I love the fact that Joe Ham is still connected to the program. He is still the greatest quarterback I’ve ever seen sling it at Georgia Tech.

I started the “Haynes King: How do we feel about him” and I can confidently say if King keeps improving, he may end up as the best QB to play at Tech. Big thing ahead of him in the future!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I started the “Haynes King: How do we feel about him” and I can confidently say if King keeps improving, he may end up as the best QB to play at Tech. Big thing ahead of him in the future!
We have a big time schedule next year. He can make his mark in Georgia Tech history. He has the potential to be one of the greats to play on the flats.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's been far too long since we got to go into the offseason as winners. I'd almost forgotten how good it feels to end a season on a high note.

The schedule is tough next year, but I think Key is building something that thrives on toughness. Even our D showed flashes tonight. Some of the young guys had a really good game. I think Tech is going to be really fun to watch compete next year.

Woooo!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Lots of things I LOVED about tonight, but I want to point out that Dontae sealed that win. I was among the few that said he was sitting for a reason (and maybe he was), but he was huge for us down the stretch and he SHOULD’VE ended this game. The officials couldn’t have called forward progress faster if this were two hand touch. I’ve seen bigger collisions in flag football. Total garbage.

That said, TREMENDOUS effort by all in white and gold. This was a big statement win. The future looks bright.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Lots of things I LOVED about tonight, but I want to point out that Dontae sealed that win. I was among the few that said he was sitting for a reason (and maybe he was), but he was huge for us down the stretch and he SHOULD’VE ended this game. The officials couldn’t have called forward progress faster if this were two hand touch. I’ve seen bigger collisions in flag football. Total garbage.

That said, TREMENDOUS effort by all in white and gold. This was a big statement win. The future looks bright.
Post game he mentioned coming back from an injury. Great that he got that TD.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Unreal. Great win! In the 1st Qtr., it looked like we would be embarassed. This is one tough football team, and that will be a hallmark of Key's coaching from here on. So proud and happy for the seniors who had to endure some really tough years prior to Key. We're back baby! Yeah, we have a lot of building to do, but let's enjoy th ressurection of this great historical program.
EFFORD!! LB. What a game

Last edited:

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
IMG_7700.jpeg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Gus Malzahn has got to be disappointed in how his team got manhandled in the second half. UCF is a very potent offensive team and yet somehow Tech’s defense took the starch right out of them. Still pondering what I saw.
Both our lines seemed to get their groove on after the first quarter. The OL took control in the second half. The DL started getting pressure. Efford has become a big time player.