GAMEDAY !!!!!!!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Brothers and Sisters it is gameday!

Today the Brave and Bold face their toughest mental challenge of this season; putting the Miracle on Techwood aside and focusing on the business at hand; going 1-0 this week.

Today, on the day that is nearly exactly 25 years removed from the greatest GT game in the last 60, in the Brave and Bold face the same foe from that greatest GT game - on the same field.

Today the young men in White and Gold are

Young but not inexperienced.
Injured but not feeble.
Roughed-up but not broken.

and they "AIN'T DEAD YET"

GO JACKETS!
GIVE 'EM HELL TECH!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
COLOR_WORD_YELLOW.jpg

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer

Today the Brave and Bold face their toughest mental challenge of this season; putting the Miracle on Techwood aside and focusing on the business at hand; going 1-0 this week.

Today, on the day that is nearly exactly 25 years removed from the greatest GT game in the last 60, in the Brave and Bold face the same foe from that greatest GT game - on the same field.

Injured but not feeble.

GO JACKETS!
GIVE 'EM HELL TECH!
I love to get up on a Saturday to see how ClydeBrick has set the pace for the day. Once again, the mandate is set. The charter is noted. The Jackets have a job to do. Thanks, Clyde, for getting us rolling.

Oh....and GO JACKETS!!!!!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Lets GO JACKETS. I am hopeing we turned the corner last week. The younger guys got that win under their belt against a top 10 team last week so this week were gonna wreck em!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@ClydeBrick I agree that our biggest challenge is getting ourselves motivated. 4 years ago I watched us sleep walk through that game .... and we were 6-0 at the time. The side lines had lots of players sitting .... they all just looked tired and slow, especially TW. I don't expect that today since the team character is so much more cohesive and stronger "family" ties.

Make no mistake, we ain't dead yet but this is probably the easiest game we have left. VTs D will give us lots of problems and that will be a low scoring game. In this one we have to get out fast and keep the killer instinct. It's also the only game we can win today.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Injured but not feeble.

GO JACKETS!
GIVE 'EM HELL TECH!
DMo, is that you?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@ClydeBrick I agree that our biggest challenge is getting ourselves motivated. 4 years ago I watched us sleep walk through that game .... and we were 6-0 at the time. The side lines had lots of players sitting .... they all just looked tired and slow, especially TW. I don't expect that today since the team character is so much more cohesive and stronger "family" ties.

Make no mistake, we ain't dead yet but this is probably the easiest game we have left. VTs D will give us lots of problems and that will be a low scoring game. In this one we have to get out fast and keep the killer instinct. It's also the only game we can win today.
CPJ says the hardest part of coaching is getting 85 guys motivated and playing at their peak for all 12 games. Then he tells them the road games are a "business trip." Not sure how that is supposed to get them jacked for road games, but oh well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If UVA continues to be a turnover machine we win easily.

Take away their turnover issue and they have at least a couple of more wins including UNC. This may not be the cakewalk I hope it will be.