GAMEDAY!!!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Brothers and sisters it is Gameday!

Get up and get your gold on and head out to your Saturday activities. Here in the ATL it is going to be a beautiful day. Or stay home and put something in the smoker. Ice down your favorite beverages. You have some time today. Two weeks in a row with the evening slot. What is going on? If you have the stamina and want to risk ODing on CFB, you can watch F$U and Clem's son at noon, followed up by Prime vs. the world or see if Ole Miss is all that against Bammer at 3:30. Then you can get settled in for GT vs. Wake - if you are able to get the CW network on your big screen. Those of us that made the trip to Winston-Salem; be ready for some Fall-feeling weather and be prepared for getting damp.

The Brave and Bold will be trying to extend their current streak of three wins and adding to a lopsided overall wins total against Wake. This is the week where we will learn a lot about our team. I'm excited and hopeful.

It's Gameday! Lets go Jackets!

Toe meets leather at 6:30

GO JACKETS!

BUST THEIR A$$!

STING 'EM!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Four thoughts about the game.

1. Key will have a great game plan.

2. Tech’s margin error remains small.

3. Execution and minimizing mistakes by either team wins it.

4. I am nervous about a game for the first time in four years because previously I had become so conditioned for disappointment. That old Tech feeling is coming back. I’m a wreck. Thanks, Key.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow

4. I am nervous about a game for the first time in four years because previously I had become so conditioned for disappointment. That old Tech feeling is coming back. I’m a wreck. Thanks, Key.
I agree about #3 & #4. I'm actually looking forward to games instead of anxiously awaiting inevitable defeat.

This game is the first of many that'll decide if we earn a bowl game or not. We get to see if the D is complacent with being one of the worst units in the nation. Can we generate a pass rush? Can Haynes King continue his meteoric rise? Can Eric Singleton keep it up? Can the defense tackle? Will we make Wake's QB look like a Heisman candidate?

Two tough losses that still sting - I hope the team uses that sting as motivation to steam roll Wake and silence the home crowd.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT GAMEDAY (1).jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

JACKETS!

Let's get the win. That's all I want tonight. I admire you for #4. Wish I could get that kid's Christmas excitement feeling back again.

I think we have a good (40%) chance to win.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

Definitely #4 ... I'm all-in with you on this one !!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
JACKETS!

Let's get the win. That's all I want tonight. I admire you for #4. Wish I could get that kid's Christmas excitement feeling back again.

I think we have a good (40%) chance to win.
First time in years and I thought I would never get it back. Hate to say it, but if we lose I’ll probably be back to my blasé feelings about football. This game feels historically big for some reason, like it could determine how many more years we wander in the wilderness.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
First time in years and I thought I would never get it back. Hate to say it, but if we lose I’ll probably be back to my blasé feelings about football. This game feels historically big for some reason, like it could determine how many more years we wander in the wilderness.
Feels like a very big game. I'm betting the Jackets make it over the hump.
Hopes are that this game will confirm our rebound from .250 to .500, and Tech will continue upward in the years ahead. Rome wasn't built in a day.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wreck ‘em, Tech.

i agree this is a pivotal game in not just our season, but CBK’s tenure and hold on the team / squad position in the fanbase’s understanding of who and what we are under his tutelage.

It’s time for a style points win coming from an aggressive D that gets some stops and an offense that lets it all hang out and feels like the windows open, top down, doing 90 on a cool autumnal evening.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Finish that report you’ve got due tonight so it’s not hanging over your head, sleep as late as you can this morning, and conserve your psychic energy for laser like focus on destroying Wake.

Let’s get er done!
Been working on an arbitration report with Dubai all morning and early afternoon. It's 11:40 DXB time now, so I'm good until later. Report due tomorrow morning (8am DXB), which is 11pm tonight. Just need to finish the footnotes. 2 hrs and 40 min until toe meets leather.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Good call yesterday. Hope you are on to something enduring!

BTW, there is nothing wrong with wandering in the wilderness IMHO (except maybe in team sports ...).